Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RawData View Post
    ...........PS - to whoever made mention of the colors on the Cingular coverage map... Last I checked, that was a tactic used by all the different providers. That way, us slightly color blind people can't tell the difference in the colors and think we're getting the everywhere coverage when we're actually not. But that's a whole 'nother discussion...
    Color Blind! Wonderful! I thought it was just old age.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Looks like I'll be upgrading after all.... some f%*k#r broke into my car and stole my 650 and wallet... (but that's a long story). Now I'm dusting off my T3 until then...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Looks like I'll be upgrading after all.... some f%*k#r broke into my car and stole my 650 and wallet... (but that's a long story). Now I'm dusting off my T3 until then...
    Which do you miss most?

The Treo will be the easiest to replace but may leak more data.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Which do you miss most?

I miss my Treo big time... and I'm not yet up to the task of transfering all of the info over to my T3. Maybe this weekend...

Actualy, I was able to apply for replacements for every card in my wallet the day after and should have the most important ones by Friday. That was a hassle but easily done...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    That's why I've had mSafe on my Treo 600 and 650. They contain far too much important information to just get lost.
    I shall upgrade to the Treo 680 on Orange UK purely as my 650 is quite scratched and the d-pad worn from playing too many games on it.

The lack of antenna and extra memory is a nice bonus, although the mini-SD slot means I have to buy another memory card.
    The 680 does not use a mini SD card-it uses a full-size SD card, so you can rest easy on that score.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I personally wouldn't unless my 650 gives up the ghost.
    There's only the increased Ram and slightly smaller form factor. I would have to change my SD card and peripherals. This sucks.
    Now I wouldn't mind upgrading to a GSM version of the 700p.......if that is happening at all (a 750p??)
    First of all, it's not an "Upgrade"
    I believe it's more of a general phone for the masses.
    Hopefully there will be a stable version w/more memory after the 700.
    From what I understand the wx is the closest yet.

Anyone know of a workaround or application that provides you with an editable dropdown box of predetermined choices when you click on a calender field? (or tasks for that matter)
    Color Blind! Wonderful! I thought it was just old age.
    Actually, the last Cingular map I saw looks a lot like your current profile pic... Those colorful leaves that all blend together so beautifully...
    Quote Originally Posted by RawData View Post
    Actually, the last Cingular map I saw looks a lot like your current profile pic... Those colorful leaves that all blend together so beautifully...
    That's the one!
    i am stuck to ChatterEmail, so I must use PalmOS hehehe.
    Atleast in the U.S you can get the T650 with a huge price drop.
    At Rogers they are still advertising the 650 for $350 on a 3 yr. plan.
    What a joke!

Caally.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    i am stuck to ChatterEmail, so I must use PalmOS hehehe.
    I second that motion! My big beef with the 680 has nothing to do with it technically per se. The problem I may have with it is a combination of what it does or doesn't offer above the 650 to justify the price. What would be really telling, frankly, is if Palm doesn't drop the 650 from the live product list when the 680 comes out.

For me, the 680, although it does improve in some ways over the 650, is in my eyes roughly equivalent. I recall some people making the same argument between the 600 and 650... and I can absolutely understand their reasoning. It isn't a tremendous incremental improvement.

So if Palm expects us to pay again the price that we paid for the 650 in order to get a 680, then upgraders and traders aren't going to figure prominently in their sales figures. Like I was with the 650, it will be first time buyers. That said, would I like a freshened devices with slightly better specs? Sure! But if you think I'm gonna pay as much for it as I did the 650 for such small improvement, then you'd better pass that bong.
    Yes reluctantly I probably will get a 680 . As far as I can see, Palm o.s. and treo is still the best choice out there but I can't believe there isn't a full screen mac friendly high fidelity Wonder Palm coming up..... till then I'll just git the next iPod or life-drive what ever comes first for my tunes and flics. I've got a big pouch !
    650 --> 680.

Main advantage I can see: Red.

Make believe reason I want to believe in: bluetooth is better.

Decision: stick with 650, I think.
    Another reason for the 680. The price of the unlocked will be $400 plus shipping.

I hope the 750 is only about $600.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    $400 for a brand new unlocked Treo is a deal IMO!! Palm is finally getting it together!

Now let's see how nice they will be for 750 buyers. If they sell the 750 for $600-650 and throw in a little package like they did for the 680, they'll be back on my good list, LOL!

P.S. You didn't miss all the postings, did you? Palm indeed released the unlocked 680 at $400.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

P.S. You didn't miss all the postings, did you? Palm indeed released the unlocked 680 at $400.
    Do you suppose they are reading my posts? Of course, Cingular has still not announced or taken an order and Palm has not shipped. I am sure that I will see the posts when they finally do. Given their record, Silly Season may still not be over. Then there is the executive quote about Jeff, rudely calculated to keep the speculation alive. What would we do on TC if their security was any good?
    Looks like you deleted one of your posts, LOL!

Cingular has been taking cues from what Palm did on some models. They haven't really announced any phones, just leaked photos(and documents got out) then sprang them on us at almost the last minute. I don't even remember them announcing the Sony Ericsson phones. Some posters have already run down to Cingular stores and gotten the 680. We'll see how slow Palm ships, but they have to honor the orders or give the money back if they can't fill them. They did let people know they could be 1-2 weeks late, I think. Silly Season for the 680 is just about over. Palm would look really dumb taking all these orders but having no stock. They'll get nothing but bad publicity if they do.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/22/2006 at 07:01 PM.

hi all,
    i doubt i'm going to upgrade to the 680. i'm still using the GSM 650 and dont see any major upgrade pull factors in the 680 to warrant an 'upgrade'

now, i am just surprised to see so many of you all still debating the upgrade. aren't everyone switching to the Windows PPC's .. already ? with the DoPod, etc, which have everything, (wifi, etc etc)

just my thoughts..
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast