1.    #1  
    Hello. I recently upgraded from a Treo 650 (where I used SnapperMail) to a Treo 700p. During the conversion to a 700p I thought it would be a good idea to try out ChatterEmail. Wow, what a great product!

I am currently battling one annoyance, and I'm not sure if it's due to the new Treo 700p hardware/software, or if it's due to ChatterEmail.

I generally have my Treo set to vibrate mode using the hardware switch on the top of the device. When an appointment reminder fires off, my old 650 would just vibrate once. However, my new 700p vibrates with the same "short-short-long, short-short-long, short-short-long" pattern that normally happens when a phone call comes in. This causes me to pull it out of the holster to answer a phone call which does not exist.

The reason I think ChatterEmail has something to do with it is twofold: 1) I'm fairly certain that I never ran into this problem during my conversion period of carrying both devices -- at which time I hadn't yet installed ChatterEmail on my 700p, and 2) I know that ChatterEmail does some creative and technical things with respect to overriding calendar notifications as well as using beeps/vibrations/alerts to signify the receipt of new mail.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.
    No, Chatter knows nothing and does nothing with calendar notifications. And I've never heard of this before.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    OK, thanks for the reply. I will post this on a non-ChatterEmail specific group.