Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have this crazy girl who calls all the time and I'm sick of looking at my phone to see her caller ID. I see that lightwav can block area codes, but I don't want to block an entire area code because I have other friends from there.. just this one number. I know I've read this is possible somewhere.. please give me a hand!
    Callfilter works on the 650.. Does it work on the 700p?
  3.    #3  
    looks like the sticky up top is saying callfilter doesn't work on the 700p.. hmm
  4.    #4  
    see I could just set her ringer to silent, but then the sounds manager firmware software interferes with lightwav playing an MP3 for incoming known calls. but if she isnt added as a contact, then i can't set the ringer
  5.    #5  
    OK, i should have found this before I posted but here is what I did... not sure if its going to work yet but it seems likely

go into Lightwav > hit New > then add the phone number to the edit field > add a label > set the action (pickup/hangup in this case) > save and done
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    add her to your phone book and set up a personalized ring for her that is silence. or a single low pitched beep or something so you don't even hear it.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    dont date crazys
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macsteroni View Post
    I have this crazy girl who calls all the time and I'm sick of looking at my phone to see her caller ID. I see that lightwav can block area codes, but I don't want to block an entire area code because I have other friends from there.. just this one number. I know I've read this is possible somewhere.. please give me a hand!
    I use lightwav. I've never had to block a call but I have that option in lightwav. However, I dont know if it blocks the call into your voicemail.
    p.s. It has the option to "Pickup and Hangup"
    Last edited by hova; 10/02/2006 at 03:40 PM.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    There's a 1.3.2 beta of Callfilter that works on the 700p. You can find it at velocityware.com or at mytreo.net. It doesn't work perfectly, though. You have to restart the program after every sync - just start and exit Callfilter - or it won't work. I also start it after a system reset to be safe.

Callfilter has a feature "pickup and hangup" that will not send the caller to voicemail. I use that for the crazy women who call me.

I hope velocityware fixes the software so you don't have to keep restarting it, but it still works better than any alternatives right now.

PS - When Lightwav blocks a call, it sends it straight to vmail.
    I don't see v1.3.2beta listed on their site!?!
    BuzzOff by Toysoft supposedly works with the 700p. Have not tried it but thier site says it is compatible. Comparable in features to Callfilter.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    i have been using callshield 2.0 from mantragroup. it says its for the 600 but i been using it on my 700p and it works flawlessly
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    You can give her my number...I like them crazy!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76 View Post
    There's a 1.3.2 beta of Callfilter that works on the 700p. You can find it at velocityware.com or at mytreo.net. It doesn't work perfectly, though. You have to restart the program after every sync - just start and exit Callfilter - or it won't work.
    I figured out a way to automatically restart CallFilter after a HotSync (but only when used with Profiles (a 700p of this great software is also available)):

See: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,40262.0.html

Post back your comments and experiences...
    Can't you just contact your carrier and have them block the number?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    The best way to do this without a specialized software such as CallFilter or LightWav is to set the caller up in your phone book and assign them a silent ring tone. You might have to create your own silent ring tone, tho, and it won't keep your phone from buzzing if you have vibrate enabled.

CallFilter 1.3.2 beta works fine on the 700p. The only catch is that you do have to remember to go into it and disable then enable it after every hotsync (it is a bug in the software that affects all hardware configurations). This problem will not be fixed until the Treos for Cingular come out, as the author doesn't have a 700p to test it on.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    LOL forward it to noodle.

Or assign a silent ringtone.
    I dumped CF (begrudgingly--since CF wasn't cheap) for Lightwave b/c I was having problems. Has the author addressed the Picture ID? I'm having no issues with LW, and so far, love it.
    That's exactly what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Can't you just contact your carrier and have them block the number?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast