1.    #1  
    I decided to do the "enema" thing on my Treo after 1 month of use to expunge all the trial software and start from scratch. Now my phone is acting weird...

Quick History on the phone
    1. Did a custom ROM two weeks ago and got rid of VersaMail, Clock, Todo, Tips, Tutorial and RealPlayer. Phone worked great! Got only one reset in the last two weeks.

2. Installed so much software and removed so much of it after that in RAM

3. Decided to clean it up and redo the ROM, by getting rid of the default launcher and putting in its place LauncherX.

This is when my problems started. No matter what I did, modifying the ROM by deleting the launcher and installing LauncherX in ROM, my phone would not come up - constant resets.

1. So I went back to my previous ROM with the default launcher and my now I cannot hotsync to my PC to get my PIM data.

- When I press the hotsync button on the hotsync cable, phone resets itself
    - If I click on the hotsync button in the menu, I just get the Hotsync graphic (no text underneath with hotsync types) and when I click on that, I get this error - Unable to initiate HotSync operation because another port is in use by another application.

How the hell have I screwed up my phone?? Can someone please suggest what I may be doing wrong please?? I want to get my contacts back on the phone from my desktop..... and just install the programs I have paid for and want to keep....
    Last edited by SilverGS; 10/02/2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: corrected summary of post
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  2.    #2  
    Can anyone please help me out here?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    Did you goto a full ROM or is it still modified? I also use LauncherX but I keep the default launcher in ROM to make sure my Treo stays compatible. If you have not gone back to a full ROM try that first. Are you hard resetting and then trying to hotsync? Another thing to try. If you load a Full ROM hard reset and still not working it may be a hardware failure.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Did you goto a full ROM or is it still modified? I also use LauncherX but I keep the default launcher in ROM to make sure my Treo stays compatible. If you have not gone back to a full ROM try that first. Are you hard resetting and then trying to hotsync? Another thing to try. If you load a Full ROM hard reset and still not working it may be a hardware failure.
    I got it working finally by just leaving the default launcher in ROM and not putting LauncherX in ROM. For some strange reason having LauncherX in ROM was causing a problem on my phone.

Got the phone working when I redid my ROM back to the first mod - the common mod - removing the useless stuff.

I want to try deleting all the *_deDE.* , *_esES.*, *_itIT.*, *_frFR.* files this weekend and see if my phone crashes again.