1.    #1  
    i have to check a bunch of times a day by clicking on that tiny battery icon...can't tell whether it's 44% or 38% - and wondering if anyone knows a program that will display the battery percent on the home screen.

and, may i just say, wow, is this 700p a real battery hog! between bluetooth and data use, i can't get through a whole day without hooking up to recharge it. and i'm using the extended battery.
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    i have to check a bunch of times a day by clicking on that tiny battery icon...can't tell whether it's 44% or 38% - and wondering if anyone knows a program that will display the battery percent on the home screen.

and, may i just say, wow, is this 700p a real battery hog! between bluetooth and data use, i can't get through a whole day without hooking up to recharge it. and i'm using the extended battery.
    It won't display it on the home apps screen, but the venerable FileZ has the best PalmOS battery meter I've ever seen. Besides all its other functions, when you launch it, you get two fingerable gas gauge bars at the bottom of its screen - one displays memory (both internal and your card) and the other for the battery. They cycle through three displays when you tap the bars - for the battery, it displays as either a gas gauge, a percentage of battery life left (it increments in single percents), or voltage.

FileZ is the first app I put on every PalmOS Palm I've ever owned.

I'm sure there's another program that'll give you a bettery battery meter than the default hard to tap one in ROM, but try FileZ and you may decide you don't need anything else.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  3.    #3  
    well thanks for that...i have filez and never realized that was there. and it's helpful but i really really really need something on the main screen ...i use my palm heavily and have to be sure not to use up too many resources/battery if i know i'm going to be out and about...i'm in sales.
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    KeyguardTime+

awesome app and free.

You can get it over at mytreo.net among other places
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."