1.    #1  
    I have the Samsung WEP200 bluetooth headset. I am able to pair the headset with my 700p. However, whenever I make an outgoing call, the headset inconsistently receives audio from the 700p. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does work, the a red X on the speakerphone icon shows. When it doesn't work, the x never appears. Despite a failed connection, I can still hang up the phone call by pressing the button on the headset. Note: this same problem happened with my old Motorola bluetooth headset. Does the problem lie within my phone, headset, or both?
    drlee,

I have the same problem with my Palm Treo headset, and the only thing that works for me is resetting my Treo.

Good luck
    I'm having a similar problem with a Logitech HS-205, that worked albeit okay with my 650. It doesn't connect at all with my 700P. Could it be the bluetooth 1.2 on the 700P is just flaky? (I seriously doubt it, seeing as the headset is also BT 1.2 compatible). Guess I need a new one then.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I experience similar connectivity issues with my Motorola HS850 headset and Treo 700p. I find that I need to soft reset the Palm periodically to achieve successful pairing.
    i have the same issues with my 650 and plantronics 510, jabra 200, plantronics 640 and all that i have tried. I recently set my headset to carkit when i pared the 510 and it seems to work better. I am getting my 700p on Thursday so i will know more then. In the mean time, does the 700p have the headset/carkit option during paring? if so, try the carkit setting.
    476 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    i have the same issues with my 650 and plantronics 510, jabra 200, plantronics 640 and all that i have tried. I recently set my headset to carkit when i pared the 510 and it seems to work better. I am getting my 700p on Thursday so i will know more then. In the mean time, does the 700p have the headset/carkit option during paring? if so, try the carkit setting.
    I had the same problem this weekend with my BMW bluetooth. I have been using the BMW BT with my 700p for 5 months with no issue. Out of the blue on Sunday, I got a call from my wife, the stereo turned off on my car and the BT engaged. However, when I looked at the 700p the "blue headphones" were lit up, but there was no "cancel BT" button on the lower part of the display. I could only talk to my wife by picking up the handset. I tried to reset by pulling out the battery and then repairing to the BMW, but the problem continued.

Finally i searched TC yesterday, found the reset solution and tried it...it worked pefectly so I am successfully paired, and hearing/speaking through the BMW's BT once again.

thx for the suggestion bling3000c!
    Thanks for the idea to soft reset. I was having a "me too" on the Motorola Razrwire headset. It would pair, and would almost pick up a call (Id hear a hiss like it was connected) but Id have to use the Treo for actual conversations. After a reset it seems fine now. Also having problems with my SAG controls on my Plantronics 590A stereo so Ill find out later today if the reset helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I also have the same problem. It occurrs often with both my h700 and scala 500. It happens so often I often switch to a wired version. The only solution I have found is a soft reset, which was said before.

Any ideas why my 650 never had a problem and the new one does? Is this just a random problem or a design problem? Anyone have any input.
    This has been talked about at length on these forums. The 700P has several problems that require a firmware upgrade (which has not been announced but we are all desperately waiting/hoping for). General sluggishness and the sporadic unpairing of bluetooth devices are the two most common problems.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Soft reset worked on my T650, it brought back full AVCRP functionality with SAG to my Plantronics 590A.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drlee View Post
    I have the Samsung WEP200 bluetooth headset. I am able to pair the headset with my 700p. However, whenever I make an outgoing call, the headset inconsistently receives audio from the 700p. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does work, the a red X on the speakerphone icon shows. When it doesn't work, the x never appears. Despite a failed connection, I can still hang up the phone call by pressing the button on the headset. Note: this same problem happened with my old Motorola bluetooth headset. Does the problem lie within my phone, headset, or both?
    w/my samsung wep200 and my vzw 700p - i found the following works the best: i cleared out all my previous trusted devices and did a "warm reset" of the treo. then i did a soft reset. then i re-enabled bt on the 700p. then i allowed the treo 700p to "discover" the samsung. after that the treo always discovers the samsung (after the samsung goes to "sleep" I do have to push the button on the samsung to get the earphone symbol on the phone) however it works fast enough so that i can answer a call if necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by lazaruz View Post
    ...after the samsung goes to "sleep" I do have to push the button on the samsung to get the earphone symbol on the phone) however it works fast enough so that i can answer a call if necessary
    I think that is the problem. On the 650, we never lost the earphone symbol even if the headset "went to sleep". Now, we periodically lose it which is very frustrating.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    wait...i have a 650 and the only time i have a heades symbol is when i am on the phone using the BT headset. are you saying that you have a headphone symbol all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I think that is the problem. On the 650, we never lost the earphone symbol even if the headset "went to sleep". Now, we periodically lose it which is very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    wait...i have a 650 and the only time i have a heades symbol is when i am on the phone using the BT headset. are you saying that you have a headphone symbol all the time?
    Oh. I don't even remember anymore. On the 700, you need to see the headset symbol to know that the pairing is working. That symbols often disappears. All I know is that I never had that problem on my 650. I just assumed it was the same but I never checked. Sorry for the confusion. But the problem still remains.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a treo 700p vzw and when i mate it with the Plantronics 655 it only connects with it when i recieve a phone call but when i try to make an outgoing phone call it doesn't connect with the headset?
    So, i get the "official" Palm Treo headset, thinking that this would solve the problem, but no luck. It's as if the bluetooth headset/handset profile does not work at all on my Treo 700p. I can't wait enough for this much needed firmware update !
    It's as if the build quality just took a bad nose-dive from the Treo 650. I'm almost regretting selling my tried and true 650. Oh well....
    just got my 700p (yesterday). Plantronics 510 lost connection...bought JX-10 and WOW, this is great! better than any i owned.

After an hour it started to hurt my ear. I hope i get used to it. anyone else have this?