1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 with the Fat 32 driver. Its been a pain using the Treo as card reader for the 4 gig card (Transcend 150x). I've googled for info on how to make my Texas PCIxx20 driver work with the 4 gig. Unfortunately solutions require a registry edit that didnt totally worked for as it should. Most of the time, it didnt solve the problem for those who attempted the workaround. After 2 days thinking I should have bought 2 2 gig sd cards instead, its finally working!

My notebook is an hp nx5000 with a built in sd card reader.

*Current solution from 700M forum

Dell posted a driver update which provides support for high capacity SD Cards. Here is the link, http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=186169

Or you can go to http://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R139212.EXE and then follow these instructions:

Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R139212.EXE

Download

1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
    2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
    users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
    window appears.
    3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
    select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
    4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
    icon appears on your desktop.

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R139212.EXE.
    2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
    unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R139212. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
    Setup.exe) file can be found later.
    3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
    4.Click OK.
    5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
    window is still open, close it.
    6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
    7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R139212 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
    8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
    Last edited by MFB; 07/29/2007 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Updated info
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I found this thread on google after my new 2gb Sandisk SD plus USB card couldn't be read from the SD card slot, even after installing the newest drivers from the HP site for my pcixx20 built in reader.

thanks for this great tip!! reading my 2gb Sandisk SD plus USB card now works!!

this works on my pcixx20 card reader. on my hp presario v1024ap notebook

something to add.. to simplify it.. (at least for me)

no need any uninstaller..

just go to control panel>system>hardware tab> device manager and uninstall the card reader there..

Then after downloading the new HP xx21 driver, run the new SP33416.exe.

click on device manager page, action> scan for new hardware, and select the C:\SWSetup\SP33416\Base\program files\Texas Instruments Inc\TIPCI and choose tifm21

The rest, as per your instruction.

Thanks again.. for your help..

visit my blog at http://alantyc.blogspot.com
    Last edited by alantyc; 04/16/2007 at 11:32 AM.
    I have a sony vaio. how can I tell if it is a Texas Instruments?
    yo anyone get this to work on a sony vaio? I seem to have a TI driver but I followed instructions above & no workey
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    yo anyone get this to work on a sony vaio? I seem to have a TI driver but I followed instructions above & no workey

I think you gotta have the same TI PCIxx20 and your comp may have to be a HP comp to work.. Mebbe your Vaio site has a similar type of upgrade?

HP is notorious to only make their service packs work exclusively on HP computers.

You can also try to get the new driver for your texas instruments card reader from the Texas instruments site directly.
    After installing the fat 32 driver I can't record video directly to my 4gb sd. Do you need to have the card filled with 2gb before you can do this? Thanks
    yes your 4GB card need 2GB of stock on it before recording to SD card
    I have wasted about two days now trying to solve this exact same issue. I got it off ebay and im regretting it. Firstly where does one find the driver and then how on earth do you install it?? thanks..
    I must say that I have tried following the instructions that have ben kindly posted above and again they aren't working for me, I have come to the conclusion that they are specific instructions and even if yours is only slightly different they may not work.

But thanks guys for posting this i'm just going to keep tweaking it a bit and hopefully get it working for mine
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    try to just implement those instruction that you have got so far...
    jewelry and perfume for men and shoes for women
    I recently done my master in Business Administration and now days I want to do some online Microsoft certifications like MCSA MCSE Oracle java etc and I Found this online notes is a best helping source to get online accurate information which is more helpful for my preparation.
    jalamii