1.    #1  
    I built a custom rom removing all the crap I don't use to maximize dbcache size.
    I decided also to put all applications that need to stay in memory into the rom, since they will basically just "consume" the same amount of dbcache...
    One of these application is chattermail, that I use everyday. Everything works fine, but when I exit chatter via the "shutdown&disconnect", a soft reset is encountered.
    My guess is that when chatter exits, it tries to force unloading itself from the dbcache, causing a soft reset.
    Is anyone having the same problem? Using chatter v 2.0.5+.
    Any workaround?
    What do you do when Chatter is updated, which is almost every week. Do you have to replace it in the rom or will it upgrade while it's in the rom?
  3.    #3  
    You can upgrade it with no drawback...
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    You can upgrade it with no drawback...
    So you do a ROM update whenever ChatterEmail is updated??
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    The drawback is that you have chatter taking twice the memory it needs to. When you upgrade, the newer versions of the 3-5 prc chatter uses are written into memory, and they are used instead of the one's in rom. The one's in rom still exist, but are useless and taking up space.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    The drawback is that you have chatter taking twice the memory it needs to. When you upgrade, the newer versions of the 3-5 prc chatter uses are written into memory, and they are used instead of the one's in rom. The one's in rom still exist, but are useless and taking up space.

True. THe point is that I don't usually upgrade chatter so often... (actually, I just upgraded it once.... since I didn't find any problem with the previous version...) so I decided to go for the ROM solution. But when in ROM, chatter crash if I try to exit from it...
    But when in ROM, chatter crash if I try to exit from it...
    The point is, Chatter is not designed to be installed in ROM. It is a very good program with a developer that is constantly improving things. It is best to just put it in RAM and update it every couple of weeks.