Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried this, or use this setup? I really like the fact that I can have my contacts and calendars in sync using versamail and 4smartphone - but I don't need it more than 1 time perday.

If I use chatter for email and versamail for the contact/cal sync, would this work?

Can these 2 email clients peacefully coexist?

Thanks,

Robe
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Marc,

Can you help me out with this? please?

If my question is not clear enought please let me know

Thanks,
    I have been using this setup (Chatter for email, Versamail for contacts and calendar sync via Outlook Exchange) ever since I got my 700p about 4 months ago.

It's not an ideal solution, but it does work. Versamail will occasionally puke (stop syncing) maybe once/month, but most of the time it does work.

I haven't hotsynced by 700p in 2 months. YMMV.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RxMan` View Post
    I have been using this setup (Chatter for email, Versamail for contacts and calendar sync via Outlook Exchange) ever since I got my 700p about 4 months ago.

It's not an ideal solution, but it does work. Versamail will occasionally puke (stop syncing) maybe once/month, but most of the time it does work.

I haven't hotsynced by 700p in 2 months. YMMV.
    THANKS for the reply -

Since I have not been "feeling the love" from Marc, I did my own trial and error and as you say, it does work.

I have my .Mac email sent to 4smartphone and use Chatteremail for true push email!!!!! Great.

I don't even open versamail, because the native Contact and Cal have a sync option which I use manually - I really don't have to sync more than 1 or 2 times a day (cal and contacts, that is)

So, this works great - I am BACK in the Chatter fold.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'll just continue to answer my own questions and post some observations:

Chatter works great with Exchange Severs like 4smartphone in 2 ways (that i know of)

ActiveSync/Versamail - on 700p (and 700wx, btw) has a hard time with meeting requests - it CAN NOT do them; Chatter CAN

Using 4 Smartphone and Mac entourage 2004 - all of my sent items look garbled and unreadable if I use Activesync/versamail to send them. If I use Chatter they look great!!!

Well, Chatter certainly opened my eyes over the past few days

Robe
    Robe,

Don't know if this will help, but there is an "autosync" function in Versamail (for ActiveSync / Exchange 2003 (and 2002?)) email accounts.

I have mine set to autosync every couple of hours for just the Calendar and Contact info (not email).

Of course, it is Versamail, and occaisionally goes FUBAR (stops syncing). I'm hoping for a better solution, but for now, this works OK.

Good luck!