1.    #1  
    Hi All, My treo fell from my hands today, the back cover and battery cane off.

I put it back together and expected it to work but unfortunately the screen only shows Black and white lines.

what should I do, none of the keys or shortcuts work.

Any suggestions, tried google but nothing showed up regarding this problem
    the problem is that you dropped and broke your treo.
    Hopefully it is something as simple as the connector to the screen coming loose but not all the way off. If your Treo is off warranty you can try opening it up and pushing the connector firmly back onto the pins. Might as well check for anything else that is loose while you do it. You should be able to find some pictures and instructions by searching these forums or the internet in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    the problem is that you dropped and broke your treo.

And it's been shown from posts in these forums that they often still work, after even a hard drop. Unless it was dropped in water or from a really significant height.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And it's been shown from posts in these forums that they often still work, after even a hard drop. Unless it was dropped in water or from a really significant height.
    I have a friend who even dropped his in the bathtub totally submerged...gave it a numerous amount of hours to dry and it still ticking strong today and stable. I think he is also one of those few that are capable of winning the lottery also...one in a million.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    Hopefully it is something as simple as the connector to the screen coming loose but not all the way off. ...
    Having Palms/Visors/Treos since the III/xe, I've seen exactly this problem when the little plastic screen connector is improperly aligned in the friction-fit connector on the motherboard. You might be able to hold the treo in one hand and apply a lateral force to the right or left edge of the treo case by hitting it against your other hand. If you can do this a few times and get the lines on the screen to change, then you've confirmed the diagnosis that it is this ribbon connector. You might be able to get it to work by doing this, but you might just as easily bring it into the store and say something like it just started acting this way after driving with this in your car in a car mount. That's a believable enough story that hints some possible vibration, but not enough that they'd say you mistreated your treo. Personally, I think its a scam that they use such a cheap connector on these things. Be careful about taking the treo apart and fixing this yourself (aside from wiggling the ribbon back and forth a little). The connectors that I've seen in some past models are counter-intuitive as to how they open/close and are easy to break.

Best of luck,
    --
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I have a friend who even dropped his in the bathtub totally submerged...gave it a numerous amount of hours to dry and it still ticking strong today and stable.
    I dropped my treo 600 into the washing machine (when it had about 4" of water but no clothes in it). I quickly removed it, towel dryed it, and waited through a few days of non-working/erratic-working and eventually it fixed itself.) Mine is also strong and stable, but I think the lottery is a tax on stupidity and vary rarely play it. I've probaby made every mistake possible with these devices!

When the price of a typical treo falls into the 100-200 dollar range, I bet you'll see some company come out with a ruggedized device in the 500-600 range (or at least that's my dream). It'd be the phone you can't kill. Waterproof case with bluetooth accessories, perhaps a polycarbonate (Lexan) digitizer. Not sure if the battery would need any venting, but I'm sure someone could solve that problem too. Might take a few years before someone comes up with such a dream device though!