Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    I received my replacement 700wx rubberized case and another crystal case about 3 days ago. They fit perfect, and the clips are noticably different. The indention notch where the clip fits into appears more defined than the previous cases.
    I don't recall them saying they redesigned the clips??? All they did was make it fit the thicker phone (700p and wx). They claim the stress of the tight fit caused the clip areas to break.

If they would JUST make the case material thicker it would last much longer.

Cheers and best of luck with you new case. I hope you are correct and the case does have a new clip design..
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    I don't recall them saying they redesigned the clips??? All they did was make it fit the thicker phone (700p and wx). They claim the stress of the tight fit caused the clip areas to break.

If they would JUST make the case material thicker it would last much longer.

Cheers and best of luck with you new case. I hope you are correct and the case does have a new clip design..
    Well, the tabs seem more cleanly cut, and the notches seem more exact. I guess subtle differences. It seems different from my previous 3 replacements.
    I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner...CES was definitely not the best time to have this problem. You have indeed identified the problem correctly. Somehow your replacement orders were shipped incorrectly using the part number for the 700w. I know this has been an ordeal for all of you, but I've been assured that the correct product will be sent and that each case will be physically tested before being shipped. Please contact Margaret at 832-204-1118 first thing in the morning so she can get you squared away. Make sure that you tell her that you're coming from TreoCentral and which model of Treo you have. I know I've been saying this a lot, but we are truly sorry for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner...CES was definitely not the best time to have this problem. You have indeed identified the problem correctly. Somehow your replacement orders were shipped incorrectly using the part number for the 700w. I know this has been an ordeal for all of you, but I've been assured that the correct product will be sent and that each case will be physically tested before being shipped. Please contact Margaret at 832-204-1118 first thing in the morning so she can get you squared away. Make sure that you tell her that you're coming from TreoCentral and which model of Treo you have. I know I've been saying this a lot, but we are truly sorry for everything.
    just to build on this . i sent in a RMA request before this was posted. You want the good news or the bad news?

Good NEWS: within a hour I got a repsonse that a replacement was going to be sent out
    Bad NEWS: the 700p case is on backorder and they also noted to send back, yet once again, the wrong sent case. LMAO

They def wont give on the return envelope idea, maybe the guy from seidio can answer, why u guys making the csr go out of thier way time and time again to return these broken cases? and on top of it, pay to return... just very curious !
    That would be my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    and they also noted to send back, yet once again, the wrong sent case. LMAO
    They def wont give on the return envelope idea, maybe the guy from seidio can answer, why u guys making the csr go out of thier way time and time again to return these broken cases? and on top of it, pay to return... just very curious !
    Margaret and I had just talked about it before I posted, so the CSRs were just going through their normal routine. This is why I posted to speak with Margaret directly. Tell her that you're from TreoCentral and that you're in the wonderfully patient group of three time case owners.

the 700p case is on backorder
    I just got back from CES and was in a hurry to get you an answer. Unfortunately I didn't even check on our stock situation. While all of you have been patiently waiting to get the correct case, others were buying them very quickly. I've been told that we should have more in stock early next week.
    Unfortunately, it looks like getting the right product # on your packing slip is no guarantee of a functioning case. I ordered the "new" case for the 700p last week, based on the company's reports in this thread that the problem had been solved. The case came today, with the 700p product # -- CSR2YTR700P-BK. But after working on it for an hour, I still couldn't get all the latches to stay clipped simultaneously. Even if I eventually succeed, I doubt it will be reliable over the long run.

So I'm giving up the case-fitting battle to start the RMA battle with Seidio.

An earlier post mentions the Boxwave Flexi-skin as one alternative. I've been using one for about a month. It's definitely a bit thicker than the Seidio rubberized; also squishier and tackier. Which is great for keeping a secure hold in your hand or on surfaces, and for surviving small drops. Not so good, though, when you're trying to get the phone in or out of a leather case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roneberg View Post
    An earlier post mentions the Boxwave Flexi-skin as one alternative. I've been using one for about a month. It's definitely a bit thicker than the Seidio rubberized; also squishier and tackier. Which is great for keeping a secure hold in your hand or on surfaces, and for surviving small drops. Not so good, though, when you're trying to get the phone in or out of a leather case.
    The Palm Flexi Skin covers the keyboard (which helps eliminate slippage when typing) and the price for three (white, black and pink) dropped $10. The guys can always sell the pink one and make a lot of gadget girls happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    The Palm Flexi Skin covers the keyboard (which helps eliminate slippage when typing) and the price for three (white, black and pink) dropped $10. The guys can always sell the pink one and make a lot of gadget girls happy
    where do u get these from ?

seidio states that every case prior to being shipped is going to be tested first, we will see
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    In the meantime, I continue to hit my head with both of the incorrect sku, broken rubberized case, hoping I'll awake from a bad dream.

Seidio - you should be able to setup aside whatever number you need for the ones needing replaced rather than having new people snatch them up from online orders.

Thanks.
    Has anyone had a response back yet? I am getting ready to RMA for my 3rd case??

Last heard they were out of stock? I hope they pull 10 aside for us and post here that they are ready to ship to US on TC.

Seidio...any update?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    Has anyone had a response back yet? I am getting ready to RMA for my 3rd case??

Last heard they were out of stock? I hope they pull 10 aside for us and post here that they are ready to ship to US on TC.

Seidio...any update?
    We're expecting them this week and will definitely be taking care of your RMAs first. I will post as soon as they arrive.

Thanks
    Has anybody had any further problems with these cases? After I went through my first few cases of the bad design and finally got a good one, it seemed to be working very well. But about 2 months ago I started noticing that the top clip near the antenna stopped holding very well and my case kept coming apart every few days. It has now deteriorated to the point that the case simply will not stay closed at all. The phone has not been dropped or abused at all. It seems like the new design worked quite a bit better than the old design, but appears to still have the exact same weak clip near the antenna.

Can anybody recommend a similar low-profile style rubberized case that works without problems? I love the look and feel of this case, but it just does not appear to be designed well.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropyaz View Post
    Has anybody had any further problems with these cases? After I went through my first few cases of the bad design and finally got a good one, it seemed to be working very well. But about 2 months ago I started noticing that the top clip near the antenna stopped holding very well and my case kept coming apart every few days. It has now deteriorated to the point that the case simply will not stay closed at all. The phone has not been dropped or abused at all. It seems like the new design worked quite a bit better than the old design, but appears to still have the exact same weak clip near the antenna.

Can anybody recommend a similar low-profile style rubberized case that works without problems? I love the look and feel of this case, but it just does not appear to be designed well.
    Yep. Same problem; mine finally broke off. Took a photo and sent it to Margaret. Got a replacement even though past the 90-day warranty. Seidio is one great company, from a customer service standpoint.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    Quote Originally Posted by entropyaz View Post

Please email me your information and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks,
    I just got my replacement, even though mine broke after the 90 day warranty period as well. I went through 2 cases of the original design when the case was manufactured slightly too small, and then 2 cases of the newer design with the small size increase. None of them seemed to have a perfect fit on the phone. I'm told by Seidio that they have now begun to use a different material to make these cases that makes them more stable. And I must say, the replacement I just received has the best fit yet!

The older cases seemed to have gaps between the top and bottom pieces in some places, and did not have a tight fit all the way around the phone -- some spots would move inward when touched. These issues appear to have been corrected on the most recent design now! Thank you Seidio for great customer service once again!
    Seidio,
    Anything new in the development of the rubberized cases? In would like to see something in colors. like a rubberized case in Sprint 755p blue.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Seidio,
    Anything new in the development of the rubberized cases? In would like to see something in colors. like a rubberized case in Sprint 755p blue.
    We are definitely looking into it, but unfortunately I don't have a final answer yet. When/if something happens we'll definitely let you know.

Thanks!
    I'd give my left arm for the rubberized case for a Treo 650...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    i am still hopping for a rubberized keyboard for the treo 755
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415