Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Seidio -
    I posted here that I sent an email to many people on 1/5/07 regarding my 3rd case that broke, but haven't received any responses!

I was told by Margaret that the 3rd case is the new and improved.

**Below is what I posted on 1/5/07 in this thread**.

Well I receive my 2nd replacement rubberized case (3 in total, original, #1 replacement, #2 replacement.)

The original and #1 replacement had a broken left tab. I've been working with Margaret and received the #2 replacement today.

I have no idea if they sent the old version or the new revised one, but I can tell you the bottom left corner will not stay attached to the back half. It feels just as snug as the previous 2 which doesn't seem correct.

Very frustrating. I sent an email to Margarent, someone name Russ, and forums@seidio.com.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you still have the packing slip, check the SKU

CSR2YTR700N-BK = 700w

CSR2YTR700P-BK = 700p
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    ya i think i agree, everyone wants slim cases but there has to be a limit of how thin it can be, right now its just too flimsy of a case....but i would think that if they make them thicker they might raise the price
    Actually the the thin case is what has been such a challenge. It's very easy to make a bulky plastic case. We wanted to make a sleek case as light and thin as we could. It has obviously given us many more challenges than we would like but we're doing our best to make it the best case we can. Unfortunately our customers like you have had to go through this with us. We're working frantically to try and find out the inconsistencies we're getting right now. We know this has been a pain for all of you but at the end of the day we really are trying to make you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    Seidio -
    I posted here that I sent an email to many people on 1/5/07 regarding my 3rd case that broke, but haven't received any responses!

I was told by Margaret that the 3rd case is the new and improved.

**Below is what I posted on 1/5/07 in this thread**.

Well I receive my 2nd replacement rubberized case (3 in total, original, #1 replacement, #2 replacement.)

The original and #1 replacement had a broken left tab. I've been working with Margaret and received the #2 replacement today.

I have no idea if they sent the old version or the new revised one, but I can tell you the bottom left corner will not stay attached to the back half. It feels just as snug as the previous 2 which doesn't seem correct.

Very frustrating. I sent an email to Margarent, someone name Russ, and forums@seidio.com.
    We apologize for not getting to you but we've been at CES. Please check your email as I've responded to you.

Thanks
    u want us to be the test dummies and try the cases out, thats fine, then why not be more supportive. Have your staff be aware of the problems and dont have us be responsible for taking the time to go to post office and ship back a defective case and also pay to send it back to u. You want the broken case back, send a return envelope that we can just throw in our own mailboxes to send back. We are here to help but boy, seidio doesnt make it easy with being snail pace on email responses and making the customer go out of there way after we paid a good price for the case.
    Last edited by italiangspot; 01/10/2007 at 11:29 AM.
    I agree... $30 + for broken beta case is crazy. I think we are to blame at some level for continuing to buy from them. If I could get my money back I would just walk. With all the stories of BAD service we still buy from them..Kind of nutz when you think about it. They should be out of business by now if things made sense...but

The only way they will change or understand is to STOP buying from them. I have nothing but BS from them since October on my cases.

I think compensation for everyone that bought the 1st gen should be inorder and PROOF they are changing their ways.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you have a complaint against Seidio then you should report them to the BBB. They do carry some weight because companies don’t want to get excluded from their list. I know I tend to look for companies that are in good standing with the BBB.

Here is a quote from their site, “Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 calendar days.”

Here is a link to the company’s page where you can file a complaint.
    https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

I also did a search of Seidio and right now they are listed as satisfactory. They have resolved all disputes so far. So I guess it may take a little bit of push if you feel you are being cheated.

Personally, I am waiting to see if this 3rd case they send me will work before I file my complaint. I will be upset however, if I will have pay shipping on nonconforming products.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post

CSR2YTR700N-BK = 700w

CSR2YTR700P-BK = 700p
    Thanks ink883. The packing slip for the 3rd one does say CSR2YTR700N-BK, but it definately didn't right and has the defective bottom left corner just like the previous two.

I received a phone call from Margaret today at CES in Vegas regarding this. I spoke with several times before the 2nd one was sent and she was aware of the defects and said the new design had come in and that I would get one. However, today she isn't sure if my order for the 3rd was filled and shipped before the new design came in. Somebody is obviously confused and know one can confirm if this is the old or new design for my Treo 700wx.

Thanks.

CSR2YTR700N-BK = 700w

CSR2YTR700P-BK = 700p
    seidio is there def truth to this?

my replacement case also has the old sku.....CSR2YTR700N-BK
    Last edited by italiangspot; 01/11/2007 at 08:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    My recently received ""THIRD"" case also has the old SKU (CSR2YTR700N-BK). This after I specificly asked Margaret for the improved version and was assured by Margaret the improved version would be sent. There is so much tention on the bottom left clip, I am just waiting for it to snap like the previous two cases (and my failing left knee joint).

I am so beyond being pissed with Seidio. This whole situation has become a big joke between my other Treo using friends and I. "Case break yet?" I get asked on a daily basis.

The word "Seidio" has become a punchline in this comedy of errors Seidio has created. Being "seidioed" is like being "munsoned" (what movie is that from movie buffs?).

There is a two-toned vertical leather case on the Seidio website that I find very appealing and really want. I wont buy it however. I wont give Seidio any more of my business or money.

I will not get "seidioed" ever again.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI

wow amazing !

they sent me same old case again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless they just send u same invoice info from the original order, just change date.....???

what is the guys email address that is on this forum from seidio ?

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    The word "Seidio" has become a punchline in this comedy of errors Seidio has created. Being "seidioed" is like being "munsoned" (what movie is that from movie buffs?).
    thats from kingpin.

As far as these replacement cases, i just received mine today, and it is the old sku as well.
    Movie: King Pin Love to have a landlord like her

Yep

I hope to have a response from THEM after their time at CES. I have asked for refund or credit. I just want to get out of this enless cycle of crapy cases. Maybe a car charger will work???

I am sure I will need to call, e-mail, call, e-mail them to get a response from them.

I am on the look-out for a new case.
    i switched to the boxwave skin, real thin and not that silicone material.. doesnt get in the way of keyboard or screen and on the back i cut a little round circle and use the rivet clip system

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...-700p_2112.htm

http://www.theclip.com/store/home.php?cat=276

this case from boxwave looks like the vaja case, anyone use it before?
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlsh...-case_2112.htm
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Well I'll be da??. Yep they definately sent the old one also.

I should have http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=605 which is advertised to fit the 700p and 700wx.

Thanks.
    I received my replacement 700wx rubberized case and another crystal case about 3 days ago. They fit perfect, and the clips are noticably different. The indention notch where the clip fits into appears more defined than the previous cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    I received my replacement 700wx rubberized case and another crystal case about 3 days ago. They fit perfect, and the clips are noticably different. The indention notch where the clip fits into appears more defined than the previous cases.
    what sku do u have on your invoice ?
    Sorry, but I threw that in the trash.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Well, My new and improved e-grips came in today. I must have had the old sku as well since my new and improved rubber case broke for the 3rd time. The new e-grips for 700p are nice. They have a much smaller footprint on back that doesn't cover the reset hole in the seidio battery cover. Maybe I can get my case replaced again. At least now I don't have to worry about dropping the treo again.