Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    "This case has the most innovative locking mechanism and provides a maximum amount of protection and security to your device. Once the crystal case is on your Treo, it will not come apart easily and will remain safe and secure. Plus, with indentations around the clip areas, this case is now easier to open."

Are the new cases that u released for the treo 700p the same exact locking function as the defective ones that were released?

Is the only change.... that it is slightly bigger to fit the phone better and take pressure off tab locks?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    "This case has the most innovative locking mechanism and provides a maximum amount of protection and security to your device. Once the crystal case is on your Treo, it will not come apart easily and will remain safe and secure. Plus, with indentations around the clip areas, this case is now easier to open."

Are the new cases that u released for the treo 700p the same exact locking function as the defective ones that were released?

Is the only change.... that it is slightly bigger to fit the phone better and take pressure off tab locks?
    The biggest problems we had with earlier cases was that the 700wx and 700p were actually .8mm larger than the 700w. If the case actually fit on the phone it put a lot of pressure on the clips. We fixed this by creating a new case for the 700wx and 700p. I hope this answered your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    The biggest problems we had with earlier cases was that the 700wx and 700p were actually .8mm larger than the 700w. If the case actually fit on the phone it put a lot of pressure on the clips. We fixed this by creating a new case for the 700wx and 700p. I hope this answered your question.
    so u made the case .8mm bigger...that is it...?

so it is safe to say that the locking structure that was on the case is still identical, just a little stub of plastic that locks into a carved out space...?
    you'd be surprised how well it does hold together. The case is made to be 'skin' tight, and does protect and beautify the treo. I'm glad they are working to satisfy their customers!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    so u made the case .8mm bigger...that is it...?

so it is safe to say that the locking structure that was on the case is still identical, just a little stub of plastic that locks into a carved out space...?
    Yes...it would be safe to say that. The .8mm size difference was causing the case to either not fit or causing excess tension on the clips that kept it together. We are confident the new case will alleviate this.
    OK, seidoseido, any word on the availability of this case for the 650?

And if so, will it be compatible with you t650 case for a skinned treo?

thanks
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    OK, seidoseido, any word on the availability of this case for the 650?

And if so, will it be compatible with you t650 case for a skinned treo?

thanks
    It is definitely in the works, but to be honest we have a lot of projects going on with the new Treo 680 and 750. We won't forget about you, but it may be a little while. I really don't have any kind of ETA right now.

Sorry
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Yes...it would be safe to say that. The .8mm size difference was causing the case to either not fit or causing excess tension on the clips that kept it together. We are confident the new case will alleviate this.
    Received replacement case today. It fits perfect. Thanks so much Seidio!
    I'm glad I found this thread, unfortunately not soon enough I guess. I purchased one of the rubberized cases on 11/13, which worked great for maybe 1 week at best before the top clip near the antenna broke just enough to keep the case from closing.

For the sake of personal convenience, I decided that the RMA process was too time consuming (and frankly annoying for the customer..why should I have to pay to return the broken product, and then wait 1-2 weeks for you to review it to HOPEFULLY send me out a new one?) that I decided to just eat the cost of the first one, and order and pay for a recplacement on my own as I didn't feel like having my treo unprotected for weeks. I recieved the second case in early December, and that one made it less than 2 weeks before breaking in the exact same spot.

I've had the same runaround with the RMA dept as everybody else. I've been less than impressed with the customer service thus far, but I'm willing to give Seidio another chance in light of the recent posts by forums@seidio.com, whoever you are. Hopefully you can help provide some frustration relief for customers who have felt the loss of David Silver.

After reading this thread from top to bottom this morning, I decided to email margaret@seidio.com, dsc@seidio.com, and forums@seidio.com.

Hopefully I hear something back from them soon about this. I will keep you all posted.

Scott
    Treo 700p, Sprint
    Last edited by entropyaz; 01/03/2007 at 10:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I wanted to update that I finally received my new Rubberized case today for my 700P. The fit is not perfect. No matter what I can't get this one clip to go in. It pops every now and then, but I think I'll just keep this case.

It's been a VERY frustrating experience, especially since I originally purchased this case on 10/25/06. It's taken over 2 months for me to get this whole thing sorted out. I'm pretty disappointed, to say the least.

Oh well, it's a nice case and I hope this one is made to LAST, please?
    I agree with above, i have received my case and it wasnt an easy task to try and get all the tabs to click in, still doesnt feel like a tight nice fit but still an overtight one...still feel there is allot of pressure on the tabs..being that it pops open so easily...i hope i was sent the new and improved one, i guess time will tell....thank god there is a 6 month warranty on the products... that is the only thing that warrants the price tag that they charge.... i think it might cost them about 10 cents worth of material to make the case
    2nd case broke yesterday...
    Kerry,

Was this a replacement they sent out that was still the old design, or was this one of the new designs that is supposedly .8mm larger? Just curious, because after my last post, Margaret from Seidio contacted me and said she would be replacing my defective cases with the new design. I'm hoping the new design doesn't have the same problems since I really love this case.
    I am 99% sure it is the OLD design. I have yet to see a DATE on which the NEW designs are being sent out and not the old defective design.
    I ordered the case last Friday. I was assured that the case I would be getting would be the new case. If I see it doesn't fit right or have any problem with the clips, guess what? - Back it goes!! I think that also with all the returns, a better return process needs to be instituted. If I have a problem with the case and report it to Seidio they should send out a replacement case IMMEDIATELY, with a prepaid return envelope enclosed in the package for the old case.
    They dont offer return envelopes for returns, for warranty issues or anything else, they state to return in regular envelope via usps... the point is not money ..the bigger point is convenience... and between returning defective products and the time u have to waste waiting for product and waiting at usps to return is not appropriate...

At this point i have received my new replacement case and the clip across from the antenna never stays closed.... i wish there was a certain marking that we could look for to determine that we got the new improved case, i just received this case two days ago for a replacement for a defective one... at this point what do i do, send in request for RMA, wait 2 to 3 days , then go wait in line at usps and mail back item.. the more money i spend on shipping the faster they will receive, more money out of my pocket, then wait some more for the case to ship back to my house... all this waiting for overpriced plastic

i think seidio puts the csr first with csr's ideas in mind for creating products but after that i cant say they are an A+ for csr service
    The time issue in getting a replacement case was my point also. Seidio obviously knows that people are having trouble with the cases and people are not making up the problems they've been having with the cases. With that in mind, a replacement case should be mailed to the customer immediately upon the customer reporting the problem. A prepaid mailer to return defective merchandise is not too much to expect either. These are the types of things that customers remember when deciding whether to do repeat business with a company, or when deciding if they should recommend the company to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecccc View Post
    The time issue in getting a replacement case was my point also. Seidio obviously knows that people are having trouble with the cases and people are not making up the problems they've been having with the cases. With that in mind, a replacement case should be mailed to the customer immediately upon the customer reporting the problem. A prepaid mailer to return defective merchandise is not too much to expect either. These are the types of things that customers remember when deciding whether to do repeat business with a company, or when deciding if they should recommend the company to others.
    EXACTLY !
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=133119

did you guys notice that Smart Phone Experts is coming out with a new clear case and a rubberized case soon!!!!!!

Apparantly these cases offer a clear snap on cover that protects the entire front screen and keyboard when the phone is not in use. Neat concept eh? We'll see how Seidio responds.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Well I receive my 2nd replacement rubberized case (3 in total, original, #1 replacement, #2 replacement.)

The original and #1 replacement had a broken left tab. I've been working with Margaret and received the #2 replacement today.

I have no idea if they sent the old version or the new revised one, but I can tell you the bottom left corner will not stay attached to the back half. It feels just as snug as the previous 2 which doesn't seem correct.

Very frustrating. I sent an email to Margarent, someone name Russ, and forums@seidio.com.