Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Back Order could be a good thing...if improvements have been made as previously mentioned...then it should mean you're getting one of the new ones....
    I finally received a reply to my RMA request. Actually, the reply was only after I emailed margaret directly - she did reply to my email very quickly. I requested and was told that I could receive a store credit instead of a replacement - so, even though it took more effort on my part than it should have I did/will receive good support from Seidio.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    We're working on it now and hope to have it ready within the next 2 weeks or so.

Are there any updates with the 650 version of the ruberrized case?
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    then havent even fixed the ones released yet for the 700 and u want them to release another one, lol
    Yes yes! I'd like to know this too! I'd love to replace my smoked Mobi case with a Seidio rubberized case if it ever comes out for the 650.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Quote Originally Posted by Treocracy View Post
    I finally received a reply to my RMA request. Actually, the reply was only after I emailed margaret directly - she did reply to my email very quickly. I requested and was told that I could receive a store credit instead of a replacement - so, even though it took more effort on my part than it should have I did/will receive good support from Seidio.
    Hmmmm.... That also avoids forcing the customer to pay return postage. Not clear what Seidio will do with all the broken parts returned. BTW, I finally got an RMA (3 weeks), but I am still disappointed in a company that is good enough to represent itself in these forums (fori?) but can't deliver the products or the service levels such a representation should imply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddoo View Post
    Hmmmm.... That also avoids forcing the customer to pay return postage. Not clear what Seidio will do with all the broken parts returned. BTW, I finally got an RMA (3 weeks), but I am still disappointed in a company that is good enough to represent itself in these forums (fori?) but can't deliver the products or the service levels such a representation should imply.
    I agree - I develop software - and it is a constant challenge to be a company that gives good customer support. Some do it well, some do not - here in the treo world and elsewhere. I think it's a culture issue. Some companies are customer centric and some are product centric. I'm not saying you can't do both well but it is easy to gravitate towards one or the other. That is why many technology companies can have good products but poor customer support. Of course, some companies do both poorly (HELLO SPRINT) and you could make the case that if you do not listen to customers well you cannot have truely valuable products.

I'll share an experience I had with Honda. Our 2002 minivan was having what appeared to be transmission issues. I dropped off the vehicle and when I came back the customer service agent told me, "You need a new transmission - and we ordered one for you". The warranty had long since expired so my mouth dropped open and was about to engage in a not so pleasant manner when she continued by telling me that it would cost me nothing because Honda had extended the warranty on this vehicle because they realized there was an issue in the design/manufacturing of the transmission. Needless to say this is one reason why I have always and always will own a Honda.

I related this story to our owner. I told him that what was amazing was that Honda realized there was a problem (usually not too difficult to do), admitted there was a problem and did something about it.

Seidio will, hopefully, follow suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    then havent even fixed the ones released yet for the 700 and u want them to release another one, lol
    I can dream can't I? LOL!

well when they pump out the improved 700 versions, they should make the improved version for the 650 too! *hint* *hint* David!
    where is that long awaited case?! i've been checking here and Seidio everyday
    Handspring Visor > SONY Clie T650c> Sony CLIE NX70V (got stolen) > Sony Clie UX40 > PalmOne Treo 650 (Cingular unlocked)
    I can dream can't I? LOL!

well when they pump out the improved 700 versions, they should make the improved version for the 650 too! *hint* *hint* David!
    Hey David!

I second that *hint* *hint* above! Are there 650 versions on the horizon when the improved 700 version is releasaed?

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    My new and improved replacement for the 700P was supposed to be put in the mail on Friday. I'll let you know if it's alot better.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I just shipped back my original junky rubberized case and I really hope Seidio sends me back the new improved one. It also took almost 3 weeks for Seidio to finally give me an RMA number. I was just about to call my credit card company and demand a chargeback too!
    OK, everyone, I am officially backing down from my complaints about the RMA process. Because of travel, I have been unable to complete my end of the return process, but yesterday a new rubberized case arrived! So Seidio rocks!

Now, it looks to me like the same flimsy construction as the last one, but at least I can use my Seidio skinned case again. I look so Vader these days...
    I ordered last Monday and got my case on Saturday through USPS. The case is made just like the updated crystal case, without the flimsy tabs of the original cases. I love it, thanks Seidio!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I came home late last night and found sitting in my mailbox, my replacement case. Woo-hoo!

It's hard to tell, but it seems to be the exact same case as I had before. Hopefully, it's got the better tabs (fingers crossed).

I really like this case, just hate the customer service response. They claimed an RMA after "1 to 2 business days" yet it took nearly a month, 1 web request, 3 emails (1 to David Chang, which never received a reply),and many rants later to finally get my problem resolved. That's a lot of work just for a case. A simple email early on would have gone a long way. I pray this case holds up, I don't know if I'm up for another lengthy return process (maybe that's the idea huh?)
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Ok, So now I'm really disappointed with Seidio. My replacement rubberized case came in today. I didn't see much difference in the original one that broke only that this one wouldn't close shut. Everytime I locked one side in place the other side would pop open. I tried numerous ways and steps to try and get the thing to lock in place. I have a 700P. I called Seidio support and it turns out that they shipped me the 700W. They were thinking that these cases would interchange. Well now it turns out that a new version for the 700P is coming in this Friday and they offered to send me one after the shipment passed inspection. When I received the RMA for the original case they told me I would be getting the new and improved one. I feel like I just got a lump of coal for Christmas. I was so hoping this was going to solve my problems.
    So.. any case they sent/send out before this Friday is the known defective weak case that WILL break again. They knew the case was too thin and weak but the still sent them out.

I even asked to make sure they send me the NEW case and I had no problems waiting for this new case to get made. 4 days later I get a new case at my door and no response from Margret (as normal).
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    ... I didn't see much difference in the original one that broke only that this one wouldn't close shut ...
    Uh oh... Mine also is tougher to close than the one it replaced, but I managed to force it closed. It has popped open a couple of times, including when carefully removing it from my Seidio skinned holster.

Do we need a new thread on replacing skins to get the "improved" model?
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    i wonder if the new cases are stamped with something different on the back to determine, well in either case, use the case they sent, if it breaks call up and complain again, but just aint fair that u have to keep paying for return shipping to them, the case was expensive to begin with
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Ok, So now I'm really disappointed with Seidio. My replacement rubberized case came in today. I didn't see much difference in the original one that broke only that this one wouldn't close shut. Everytime I locked one side in place the other side would pop open. I tried numerous ways and steps to try and get the thing to lock in place. I have a 700P. I called Seidio support and it turns out that they shipped me the 700W. They were thinking that these cases would interchange. Well now it turns out that a new version for the 700P is coming in this Friday and they offered to send me one after the shipment passed inspection. When I received the RMA for the original case they told me I would be getting the new and improved one. I feel like I just got a lump of coal for Christmas. I was so hoping this was going to solve my problems.
    The cases should interchange. It was my understanding that the 700p and the 700w and 700wx use exactly the same outer case work. But with a case like this, if it's it's designed to absolutely perfectly fit one with no wiggle room at all, and one of the other models is even a fraction of a mm off, it's not going to close correctly

Seidio sent me a sample of their new Rubberized case for the 700p for review however they asked me not to review yet it because they said this first run was built slightly out of spec and it do not close properly - it's a hair too shallow. It's shiny black plastic on the inside with a grippy rubbery coating on the outside.. it's quite thin and weighs next to nothing. Looks nice, feels grippy, although I like all the screen protection I can get and there's no flip up clear window for the screen, (like the SME clear case I keep my 650 in..) .. just a square cutout. I verified what they told me.. it's slightly out of spec for the 700p and just as you said, when one side is snapped shut and you try to snap the other side shut, the first side pops open. They said they'll send me the re-engineered one when they get them in

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 12/15/2006 at 07:19 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..