Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...and I couldn't be happier! The problems I have been experiencing with the 700P were:

Very frequent resets!
    Tried 3 different BT headsets and they all dropped connection or exhibited poor quality audio
    Very, very sluggish changing apps / reacting
    No multitasking!
    Only use 1 BT device at a time
    No response from Palm regarding ROM update to fix some problems

With 700WX:
    Windows Mobile 5.0 seems extremely stable! And to me, just as easy to use / same amount of keystrokes as Palm. The Treo device and form factor is what makes WM5 user friendly
    Extremely fast to respond - as soon as I pressed a button or switched apps it responded immediately
    Bluetooth is 100x better than the P! The last headset I kept (Jabra BT500) never disconnects, significantly clearer and louder! Plus, no more semi-duplex issues, more like full duplex audion!
    I CAN FINALLY MULTITASK! What this means to me is that I can use my BT headset and Tomtom Navigator 5 software simeltaniously!
    And yes, you can run 2 BT devices simeltaniously!
    When using Tomtom Navigator 5, from the WM Contacts menu, there is now a choice for "Navigate to" - cool!
    Build quality seems much better. Tighter and built to smaller tolerances.

The 700P was just a nightmare and I'm glad it's behind me.

I don't expect you guys to agree or disagree and I'm not saying my comments are correct for everyone; this is JUST MY OPINION.

Hope this helps anyone in making a decision.
    I almost switched but couldnt get over the screen size on the 700wx, so I kept the 700p....The only thing that matters is that YOU are happy.
    Screen sizes are the same. It's the resolution that's different (320x320 for the P and 240x240 for the WX).
    Can you tell me if there is lag when you move from a high signal area to a low signal area? Or, is there lag when it tries to connect to data?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Screen sizes are the same. It's the resolution that's different (320x320 for the P and 240x240 for the WX).
    Yes, this is exactly why I've stuck with the "P", despite it being my third one, as the first two turned out to be defective: the screen is just AMAZING, and I use the device for lots of internet surfing while sitting through boring meetings and walking around the streets of New York. (If you see a bus-hit pedestrian grasping a Treo, there's an excellent possibility that it is/was me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    ...and I couldn't be happier! The problems I have been experiencing with the 700P were:

Very frequent resets!
    Tried 3 different BT headsets and they all dropped connection or exhibited poor quality audio
    No multitasking!

With 700WX:
    Windows Mobile 5.0 seems extremely stable! And to me, just as easy to use / same amount of keystrokes as Palm. The Treo device and form factor is what makes WM5 user friendly
    Extremely fast to respond - as soon as I pressed a button or switched apps it responded immediately
    Bluetooth is 100x better than the P! The last headset I kept (Jabra BT500) never disconnects, significantly clearer and louder! Plus, no more semi-duplex issues, more like full duplex audion!
    I CAN FINALLY MULTITASK! What this means to me is that I can use my BT headset and Tomtom Navigator 5 software simeltaniously!
    When using Tomtom Navigator 5, from the WM Contacts menu, there is now a choice for "Navigate to" - cool!

I don't expect you guys to agree or disagree and I'm not saying my comments are correct for everyone; this is JUST MY OPINION.

Hi,
    I'm considering the same. Quick question, what did you do with your old 700P? Were you offered a trade-in? Did you sell it? I'm frustrated because I jumped on the 700P bandwagon and paid full price in May.
    Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    I too paid full price back in June. So I put the P on ebay (they wouldn't take it back). But call the Retensions / Cancellation dept and complain about the P, tell them that you are considering paying the early termination fee and switching over to Verizon because their treos are $299. They will give you a discount for sure! They knocked $200 off of my wx!
    .........and Tomtom Navigator 5 software simeltaniously!.......
    Last time I looked TT was not available for WM. Where did you get it? How much did it cost? How much POS software did you throw away? What other WM software did you buy? How much did this add to the cost of your change?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Very frequent resets!
    No multitasking!

With 700WX:

This is interesting. My experience was the exact inverse. You could switch around "700p" and "700wx" in most of your post and that would be me. Hated the 700wx.
    if you must own a treo and can learn and appreciate a new op system, the wx is the device to own. all the software in the world shouldn't keep you from switching, it's that much better of a device.
    Can you get push e-mail on the 700wx with an IMAP account, or does Outlook only support push with an exchange account? If no, then are there third party apps for WM that support push with IMAP (a la Chatter on PalmOS)?
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    if you must own a treo and can learn and appreciate a new op system, the wx is the device to own. all the software in the world shouldn't keep you from switching, it's that much better of a device.
    If I must learn a new operating system in any case, then I no longer "must own a treo." What is the best WM device?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    If I must learn a new operating system in any case, then I no longer "must own a treo." What is the best WM device?
    700wx. Hands down best WM device of the bunch.

FrankMurphy: if you just want to add imap/idle support to Outlook then try VGSMail. Something more complex would be FlexMail 2007 (but I'd wait till Rev2 in a couple of months to fix current imap bugs).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm waiting for the i830w to come out before I make that assessment. It's going to be between the wx and the i830w.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!

the point is, some on this board consider the Treo the one and only device, that is, the only one that can meet all of their demands and needs.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    I'm waiting for the i830w to come out before I make that assessment. It's going to be between the wx and the i830w.

what is the i830w and when is it coming out??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    the point is, some on this board consider the Treo the one and only device, that is, the only one that can meet all of their demands and needs.
    My requirements include POS (and unlocked GSM). I was a POS user when the Treo was still in the mind of God. I would never have owned a Treo had it not been POS. I will only move to WM, if Palm cannot or will not meet that requirement. I will not move in any case until Cingular builds out UMTS. I think that gives me until 2008 to make a decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    That i830 is nice I have to admit. I usually like anything from Samsung. One thing is for sure you will get from Samsung...reliability hopefully. Every Samsung I have took a beaten and kept on ticking. As I have said before, my Treos headphone jack is done and I did nothing. Why do things go bad like this on a almost $700 device when they last for ever on a flip phone you get for free?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    what is the i830w and when is it coming out??
    The i830 is a new phone about to be released from Sprint. Here's a link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=124102

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    That i830 is nice I have to admit. I usually like anything from Samsung. One thing is for sure you will get from Samsung...reliability hopefully. Every Samsung I have took a beaten and kept on ticking. As I have said before, my Treos headphone jack is done and I did nothing. Why do things go bad like this on a almost $700 device when they last for ever on a flip phone you get for free?
    Exactly! Prior to buying my first Treo (600), the ONLY phones I would buy were Samsung. I've been waiting for them to release a PDA/phone on Sprint for 2 years! I was soooo tempted to switch to Verizon when the i730 came out. Glad I didn't.

I'm going to wait and see how long it takes for Palm to release the first firmware upgrade. If it either takes to long to come out, or doesn't rectify some of the major issues most people are complaining about (bluetooth!), then it'll be a switch to the wx or i830w.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast