Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has anyone been able to use these two together and have them play nice?

If so, what settings? Online, Offline, etc....

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Why would you run both? What is the benefit?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Why would you run both? What is the benefit?
    Ummm... doing email *and* instant messaging?
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    has anyone been able to use these two together and have them play nice?

If so, what settings? Online, Offline, etc....

Thanks!
    In a word, no. In data mode, I kept getting complaints about too many sockets open -- that Garnet only offers 8 sockets total still blows my mind. In SMS mode, Verichat kept insisting on resetting my device. When the time came for my renewal, I instead chose to go with Causerie (3.2.3, and now on 3.2.4ze) and I really haven't regretted that decision one iota. Mind you, Causerie isn't perfect... but it's heaps better than fighting with Verichat or worrying that the company basically dried up and stopped working on the product.

YMMV, of course.
    Verichat hacked? I use both, they work great together, mind you I don't leave Verichat on all the time, why? If someone wants to IM me they can SMS me or email me, works the same.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    In a word, no. In data mode, I kept getting complaints about too many sockets open -- that Garnet only offers 8 sockets total still blows my mind. In SMS mode, Verichat kept insisting on resetting my device. When the time came for my renewal, I instead chose to go with Causerie (3.2.3, and now on 3.2.4ze) and I really haven't regretted that decision one iota. Mind you, Causerie isn't perfect... but it's heaps better than fighting with Verichat or worrying that the company basically dried up and stopped working on the product.

YMMV, of course.
    Do you still believe Causerie is supported - for the past 2 months atleast all I have noticed from their forums is they have no one working on it. Consider the last date an uodate was released way back in july and all I see from their forums is 'We have forwarded this issue to our developers and they will fix it soon'.

They have been telling us they are working on other products busily - last releases for all their applications (as date quoted from their forums) is end of july. A particular case - they started off the mobivoip thing (though GPhone from VLI USA was the first - this is what mantra claim now - may be a false claim/they were first to come out of beta) now better products like VOYP is released and allows us to connect to any voip provider and with FreeWorldDialup I speak to all my friends for free over Treo and desktop (using xten), yet no update from mantra on it.

Another thing we need to note is they do not know when their server stops (man the world has improved with CRON jobs that can detect/automate anything at server) - but we users have to rush to their forums and tell 'hey I am not able to connect to AIM' - the reply would be - 'working fine now'. Man we are paying them and they are to serve us; it is not we who pay to serve ourselves.

All this sum up to 1 thing mantra does not have any such thing as working on palm. I strongly believe mantra too ditched their development on palm - but no worries - as none use their products and none to get affected. Even before we went to them only for buying a product and latter found that there is nothing like support. And now we know they are out of business as well (Thank God - ppl will never get fooled by their polished/copycat apps which almost never work).

Verichat un-official crack version seem to work lot better than causerie on Treo 700p. As far as Treo 650 comes there is no one to beat verichat now. As far as I see there are only 4 or 5 users using causerie - not anything more than that. I too witnessed their stunt of giving a update every day and that did not last much long

I am not a mantra basher - i was bitten initially by causerie some version 2 days. Switched to verichat and still sticking to it. Then returned back by their mobivoip, lost my money with no refunds and found it as a vaporware and now sticking to VOYP.

- $5
    Last edited by Dollars5; 09/30/2006 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Verichat hacked? I use both, they work great together, mind you I don't leave Verichat on all the time, why? If someone wants to IM me they can SMS me or email me, works the same.
    Verichat was hacked - in the sense that there is an unofficial patched release for Treo 700p users.

Sorry abt being off-topic:
    reverendrhino - I really love those badges you have in your sig. Where did you find them?
    @taroli:
    1 more proof to support my point. Check this http://mantragroup.com/forums/member...astposter&f=17 - it seems to be a developer account which reports a last activity of 07-28-2006 01:57 PM - dont worry i have taken a snapshot of the page so even if they change we can refer the image

Ignore the mantra support account which always posts one of the following - 'fwd to developer will be fixed soon'(anything related to causeire), 'thanks for reporting'(for other products/bug reports), 'download the latest version from ...'(mostly observed in casuerie and also common in other product forums), 'works fine check now'(causerie when users complain - not working), 'our developers are actively working on it' (anything that didnot get for past 2 months)

They rule their forums like a nazi gov - there were many not-working and not-connecting posts and most are disappeared now. Even here there were many posts in their developer corner - which now turned to only 3 threads - rest disappeared.

Support Forum getting filled with $|-|it spams and no one bothering to clean it up (this mostly happens with 1 man companies - the 1 man will not always bother to clean the spam is the thumb rule )

I recently read in a blog that these messages are a sign that there is no development on the product in the company.

I guess no further arguments - too much bashing for a company whose products none use (or it can be taken as a publicity for them )

- $5
    Last edited by Dollars5; 09/30/2006 at 09:16 AM.
    Ok, maybe I'm lost, but what do you mean by running them together? Currently, I have Chatter running all the time, or on in the background, or whatever it's called. Sometimes, I'll launch Verichat and chat on there for a while. I haven't had any problems. Well, the only problem I've had is that Chatter, when getting an email, will close the data connection. I have it set to do this, but it's a bit annoying when I'm using Verichat and it closes it without asking me.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I run both. In Chatter I have checked Efficient Sync and Enhance MMS Compatibility, Always Cache IP Addresses. My only online mailbox is with an IMAP server. Verichat I have set to Always On, Use Data Connection. I don't have any crashes which I can attribute to either of these apps (about once a week the Treo will refuse to power on but I can't tell what is causing it). This is a far far better experience than when I had both apps running on the Treo 650. I think I had Verichat set for Always On, SMS mode on the 650, because if I had it in data mode I would miss phone calls, but on the 700p in an EVDO area an incoming phone call can interrupt a data connection (as I understand things) so I set it for data.
  11.    #11  
    yes - what I mean is having both set to ALWAYS on (VC) and Online (chatter)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollars5 View Post
    Verichat was hacked - in the sense that there is an unofficial patched release for Treo 700p users.

Sorry abt being off-topic:
    reverendrhino - I really love those badges you have in your sig. Where did you find them?
    Here is where I got 'em:
    ubanimator
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have Verichat set to Always ON (not SMS) and Chatter set to Always on.

What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    yes - what I mean is having both set to ALWAYS on (VC) and Online (chatter)
    Me too running VC and Chatter with always on and Online settings - no probs so far - if there is anything specific we can help.

- $5
    What is the current state of Verichat support? Is it any better than Causerie? I remember in the past that it was pretty spotty also.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Ummm... doing email *and* instant messaging?
    LOL...Im not sure why but I read verichat as 'versamail'. I must be tired.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    What is the current state of Verichat support? Is it any better than Causerie? I remember in the past that it was pretty spotty also.
    Except the Treo 700p part - in the past they have provided good support for me in past. But who cares - there is a huge community out there to help us on Verichat over here at Treo Central. Verichat is one of the darlings of Palm community (it was also listed on top on the essential app sum-up)

But consider the Causeriri front - no support here, their forum is a Nazi administration - should you post a bug - it will get removed fast (but spam messages will always remain there). If you take time to visit their forum over here all you would see is only three posts only - nothing was merged - but deleted - give a search on their product name - all deleted posts will show up. Almost daily I see people go to their forums and report they cannot connect to server and they do something and reply back 'Connecting now' - nothing else.

In my opinion, consider my past experiences with their products (Causeriri - frequent crashes and server probs, mobivoip - the product that took money and never connected except the test call) - I would recommend verichat always. People here at Treo central are kind enough to offer help and even they fixed the Treo 700p problem and got it working fine now on behalf of the company PDA apps - which company would have such a good users?

- $5
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I run both. In Chatter I have checked Efficient Sync and Enhance MMS Compatibility, Always Cache IP Addresses. My only online mailbox is with an IMAP server. Verichat I have set to Always On, Use Data Connection. I don't have any crashes which I can attribute to either of these apps (about once a week the Treo will refuse to power on but I can't tell what is causing it). This is a far far better experience than when I had both apps running on the Treo 650. I think I had Verichat set for Always On, SMS mode on the 650, because if I had it in data mode I would miss phone calls, but on the 700p in an EVDO area an incoming phone call can interrupt a data connection (as I understand things) so I set it for data.

great thanks for all the input guys.......I have Chatter - latest beta running with your above mentioned settings, except for "efficient sync", seems to be omitted by Mark, and have Hacked Verichat set to "always on" with data mode, hope this works ok.

Thanks again!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    LOL...Im not sure why but I read verichat as 'versamail'. I must be tired.

Those nightmares of using Versamail are coming back aren't they?
    Verichat is the app most likely to hang or reset my 700p. I run the hacked version and its just no where near as stable as it was on my 650.

I also run Chattermail+ - its wonderful
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast