Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I already have a 700p, but I got my wife one off Ebay. Should be here today. Do I have to goto a Sprint store to activate it, or would I be able to call Sprint and do it over the phone? Never tried that before. Just trying to save a trip heh.

Thanks
    yes, can do over phone

does she have an existing account

how much did u get phone for
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Nice, thanks for the IMMEDIATE reply heh. Will save me a 45 minute drive to get there lol! Surprise for the wife. Now to see if she can figure out how to use it heh.
    888-788-4727
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    yes, can do over phone

does she have an existing account

how much did u get phone for
    Sorry just realized you asked a question, was just so amazed at how quick the response was heh.

Answer is, yes she already has a phone, and is like 2 weeks from upgrade eligibility and was kinda ticked that they just didn't pass it through heh. Regardless, they want $499 for the phone now with upgrade and that is insane. I got mine for $399, my dad got his for $299 cuz someone else had a sale on it heh. So I just went ahead and went through ebay off a seller that switched carriers, or company did. Got it for $330 something I think. Would have rather gone through the store, but was kinda in a hurry and do like Sprint but was ticked they didn't let the upgrade through. So now will just go without a contract, their loss! And switch her out to the new phone. Thanks for the 800# too, that helps!

Should have the phone on my doorstep by the time I get home so will be giving them a ringading. I love my 700p, had a 600 before and liked it but now that my dad got one, it has got me using the 700 much more so that I can teach him heh. And it is overkill for my wife, but she likes the large screen, pda functionality for work, and also likes games! So it might be a little learning curve for her but think she will like it.

Thanks again for the reply.
    for the future when u are out of contract buy phones from ebay from this guy

then after 30 days (one bill cycle) u can join the new line with your line if u guys are using a shared minutes plan

will get awesome deals on phone, and the minn monlthy fee for service is 60 bucks

with enough minutes

http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-700P-T...QQcmdZViewItem

would of cost u $160 for phone and one month of service, overnight shipping
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ya have checked into him before. Was going to do that with my dad when I got him to switch to Sprint, but he had 3 phones and it was going to be a long drawn out hassle to get it done, and didn't sound worth it. And being as my wife is on my plan already, dunno how that woulda worked.

I do have a friend thinking bout going through him. But not sure of the exact details. He only wants 1 phone so it is ideal for him. Told him he had to do the $59 plan for at least 1 month and then he could switch. All he really wants is the data heh but told him he prob has to have at least the $29 phone plan.

Thanks for the tip. If you know that we can do that and then switch the phone over to the family plan with a # that is already in use, let me know. But would figure you have to keep it a seperate # for contract purposes?
    no i got my GF a phone from him, kept her seperate for one month, then the next month i joined her onto the plan i already had...u only have to keep the setup with the guy from ebay for one month