Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    must say I love Chatter, but I have to give up and switch back (fall back) to Snapper.

The problem is that many attachments filenames get scrambled and I then I can't open it with DOC2GO, neither download them and manually rename.

Examples :
    original file name : Lura Rational mt.doc
    chatter file_name : =?ISO-8859-2?Q?LURA_Rational_mt=2Edoc?=

I live in Croatia /Europe and 90% of mail I receive originate from Croatia. And all standard mail clients (Outlook, Lotus Notes...) make encoding of filenames.

The result is that I cannot use attachments at all.

I submitted my request back in December 2005, asked few times, some German guy did too..... Marc had replied every time very politely but unfortunately this thing is still very low on his list.

see topic : http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...er=asc&start=0

btw, both Versamail and Snapper can handle filename encodings correctly so I've finally gave up and switched to Snapper.

Kreso
    So you had to post this everywhere, right? Because you didn't get a feature that was never promised?

It happens that I just put out a version that implements the feature you wanted, but now I'm kind of sorry I did.

Marc
    Last edited by Chatter; 09/30/2006 at 10:11 PM.
    wow
    Just call me Berd.
    marc...you have a great product. anytime you put yourself out there, someone will take a shot. but look how many people have bought and use your program and are thankful for you amazing support. i'm a relatively new user and it's been pretty seamless.
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    It's rare that somebody does something like this, but it really irks me. I spent most of the day adding what he wanted, and have thereby pushed back the release of 2.0.6 by 3-4 days. And this for a feature that a small handful of people have asked for (out of thousands of users since it was first requested) and that was never promised!

Argh!

Marc
    Good luck getting Snapper (or anyone besides Marc) to add a feature for you on short notice!
    yes marc is always quick to please....marc no worries man - I'm with ya!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    You can never please some people fast enough, I learned this the hard way. If he went to Snapper, fine. He went where he thought he could get his needs met faster. That's what choice is for.

You still have MANY loyal customers, that's all that matters. And I'm sure they will benefit from the new feature.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    zelgo, old buddy!

If you look back, I've responded in this way to about three people - TOTAL - over the last two years. You were one of them, as I recall.

And what exactly is hateful about calling out someone who posts gratuitious comments like this with no purpose other than to cause trouble? I didn't call him names, did I? Where is this insult?

Marc
  10. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Zelgo -- Marc won't say it, but I will -- what a pompous ***** you are!

And if you are going to put out such a completely inappropriate post such as yours -- you must be quite out of touch to think your not going to get a response.

I cannot even believe I am responding to this....

Cheers.
    Marc - I think you did what you should have done - implemented a fix for this guy as part of your overall priority list - and I am glad you did. You have to prioritize - and if you had two people needing it, there were probably others who are also happy now - ... don't ever regret doing the thing you think is right - and keep making Chatter better and better!
    Charliec
    Chatter Rules
    I have been using chatter - it is a wonderful product and thanks for the great support.

I really miss the chatter IM - which was good.

- $5
    I read this post (coincidentally after reading Marc Blank's interview on MTDN) and was taken aback by Marc Blank's comment here.

In this particular case, I have to agree with zelgo....
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Good luck getting Snapper (or anyone besides Marc) to add a feature for you on short notice!
    No need because Snapper does fit the bill for a lot of users. I found it to be amazigly stable and versatile/flexible (even supports STARTTLS for SSL connections an amazingly exotic feature but when you need it ...). Chatter may be on top for IMAP-IDLE users but for the rest, Snapper may perfectly fit the bill. I prefer Snapper, because I do not have my mail on a server that supports the IDLE command, but I get SMS notification (with sender, subject and summary) for each mails, so I have "live" mail too.
    Chatter has dozens of features not found in Snapper (or other Treo apps). Handling of IMAP/IDLE is just one, and no, in my opinion, the most important.

Marc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Kresom -

You are a two-timer.

Marc -

Don't worry about Kresom - I am sure that the upgrades you made targeted to Kresom will be used by many others. Keep your chin up, you have the best email client for any smartphone (including BB) in the world !!!!

Chatter does indeed rule!
    Quote Originally Posted by BNOYHTUAWB View Post
    No need because Snapper does fit the bill for a lot of users. I found it to be amazigly stable and versatile/flexible (even supports STARTTLS for SSL connections an amazingly exotic feature but when you need it ...). Chatter may be on top for IMAP-IDLE users but for the rest, Snapper may perfectly fit the bill. I prefer Snapper, because I do not have my mail on a server that supports the IDLE command, but I get SMS notification (with sender, subject and summary) for each mails, so I have "live" mail too.
    Actually I had Snapper for a couple of years - up until recently. Snapper didn't do automatic polling on receipt of an SMS (without a helper program), it turned on the screen each time it polled wasting power, it siezed control anytime it had to send/receive (unlike Chatter which does everything in the background, and it didn't move the mail to the card in a timely manner (like once/day or something). BTW - I don't use IMAP - I have POP3 only and still find Chatter to be far superior to Snapper (or god forbid Versamail).
    Ugh, this is something I just cannot wrap my brain around. Everyone treats software these days as if it is a religious or political issue...such impassioned lashing out and retorts.

Marc obviously puts out great software that many love. kresom uses a forum devoted to palm os communication software to make a statement and he is greeted with venom....from the developer no less.

Marc, I understand why you would be very frustrated with this, but come on....dude....its software. Yes, you may have "wasted" the time you used developing that feature, yes kresom may seem ungrateful....but come on...man you are in the customer service biz.....get used to customers being unhappy.

Your software is not perfect, it does not appeal to everyone. Just because you are proud of it and can rattle off how many more features it has compared to others does not mean it is going to be the answer for every user.

Accept that, it is a certainty. I tried your software, twice....for a week at a time. I like Snapper better. No evangalizing by you or your impassioned followers is going to change everyones mind.

I will say it again so as not to get beat down. It is clear that you are a fine developer with a stellar track record of service to your customers. A small search through your posts on this board will show that. It is also obvious that a large number of people love your software to the point of fanaticism. You should be proud of that....and not stoop to berating people on this board for choosing to voice their opinion on your software.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    mattyparanoid -

I NEVER said that ChatterEmail is for everyone. I did NOT rattle off features. I NEVER called kresom ungrateful. I did NOT berate him for voicing his opinion (his opinion was that he loved it). At least get your facts right; you are attacking a straw man.

Marc

p.s. Why did kresom post the exact same thing in three different places? What was the point? (Please don't tell me that it's his right to post whatever he wants; of course it is. The problem with forums in general is that this right is frequently abused. Gratuitious negative posting - whoever the target - happens to bother me a great deal.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast