Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I just bought this:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=403
    From Seidio. I like the Crystal case idea, but it interferes with my use of the keyboard. The sides of the case rise to the level of the tops of the keys. it would be better to have them beveled to the level that the keys are when they are fully pressed. at this point, it is very diffacult to naturally use the Q, A, function, P, back, and enter keys. I am tinking of taking a Dremel or something to the sides, but I am afraid it might end up as a nasty rough edge.

Seidioseidio. any suggestions? Will Seidio end up fixing this?

Thanks
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx
    There is a long thread about this case somewhere on this forum. All these issues were brought up, but no "version 2" has been mentioned by Seido. One person used their dremel to lower the sides on either side of the keyboard as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Sorry, I should have searched first. I didn't find anything in accessories.
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I just bought this:
    From Seidio. I like the Crystal case idea, but it interferes with my use of the keyboard. The sides of the case rise to the level of the tops of the keys. it would be better to have them beveled to the level that the keys are when they are fully pressed. at this point, it is very diffacult to naturally use the Q, A, function, P, back, and enter keys. I am tinking of taking a Dremel or something to the sides, but I am afraid it might end up as a nasty rough edge.

Thanks
    We are in the process of overhauling this model now. We hope to have an updated solution available shortly.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I just bought this:

Thanks
    Yes, here is the link to the lengthy thread about this Crystal Case already. I would skip to page 11 or 12....Thats when people start receiving their cases. A few users have taken a dremel to their cases. I would LOVE to know if they were able to get the same clear finish, as I too want to reduce the case's edges to make room for my fat fingers! I just received mine yesterday, and I love the case/holster combo! Now I need to convince Seidio to bring to market my idea of a compatible car cradle (see the same thread)!

Love your products, Seidio!!
    Last edited by BMIC50; 09/29/2006 at 03:47 PM.
    in the mean time check out the new case my zcover, debating if i am goign to get
  7. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I went back to the other thread on this. i have to agree that this case/ holster combo is almost perfect. it just needs to be shaved down around the keyboard a little.
    I dont have a dremel, so I am gonna go at it with my drill and some 1600grit sandpaper to finish it off this weekend. Hopefully, all will go well!
  9. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    BMIC,

How did your drill/sandpaper experiment go?
    BMIC,

How did your drill/sandpaper experiment go?
    It went rather well! I went to town this weekend on a grinding wheel (being careful to go smooth and slow) and I achieved the results I were looking for! I didnt have a dremel, so I finished it off with a nail file (yes, low tech tools for a high tech PDA)! I lowered the edges around the keyboard, sync connectors, and stylus. I forgot to round off the edges around the SD card port, as the clip for the Seidio Holster catches it every now and then. It doesnt have the clear shiny finish the edges originally had, but its far from a rough, unfinished look!
  11. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    David,

How is it coming on your redesign of this case? My crystal case is literally falling apart! The spots where the tabs hook into the rear portion of the case are breaking off, weakening the hold between case halves and making annoying jagged edges that stick out. I haven't dropped my treo or even removet it from the case except once to clean it.
    David,

How is it coming on your redesign of this case? My crystal case is literally falling apart! The spots where the tabs hook into the rear portion of the case are breaking off, weakening the hold between case halves and making annoying jagged edges that stick out. I haven't dropped my treo or even removet it from the case except once to clean it.
    Hi joe,

Go ahead and request an RMA for your case - sounds like you need it in any case, and you do have a 6 month warranty from day of delivery. You can request it at the following link:

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...n=Custom&ID=34

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  13. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thanks David. I just did that. So, the replacement case will be the non-improved version? Any ETA on the new version? I love the concept exept for the issues I have mentioned. (and, I guess my holster I bought with it would be pretty useless without the crystal case.)
    I like the concept of this case as well. It sounds very simular to the one I bought for my ipod that works wonderfully. I can't wait for the revamped model to become available.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankinia View Post
    I can't wait for the revamped model to become available.
    It already is.
    Thanks David. I just did that. So, the replacement case will be the non-improved version? Any ETA on the new version? I love the concept exept for the issues I have mentioned. (and, I guess my holster I bought with it would be pretty useless without the crystal case.)
    No sir. What you will get is our current version, which addresses problems found in the initial one and took user input into consideration during its development.
  17. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    David,

I got an RMA# it says to send the old one back registered mail. I would love to but I can't get to the post office, can I just UPS it?
    David,

I got an RMA# it says to send the old one back registered mail. I would love to but I can't get to the post office, can I just UPS it?
    Problem is that the address that our returns go to is a post office box that won't accept UPS. The customer service manager, Margaret, can probably help you by giving you an alternate address. You can reach her at: 832-204-1118.
    David/Seidio,

I purchased the Crystal Case about 2 weeks ago and the tab near the antenna already snapped. As much as I'd like a refund on my entire purchase, I'm willing to give this redesigned Crystal Case another shot. Just to make 100% sure, will you replace all Crystal Cases w/ the newer, redesigned one?

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bobykim View Post
    David/Seidio,

I purchased the Crystal Case about 2 weeks ago and the tab near the antenna already snapped. As much as I'd like a refund on my entire purchase, I'm willing to give this redesigned Crystal Case another shot. Just to make 100% sure, will you replace all Crystal Cases w/ the newer, redesigned one?

Bob
    Hi Bob,

We replace defective cases with the ones we currently stock - and we only keep the newest ones. You will need to request an RMA at the following url:

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...n=Custom&ID=34
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast