1.    #1  
    ...and may be causing Resets!!!

Anyone tried removing the new PTunes USB Helper file, after installing the new version of Pocket Tunes?

1- From Applications, choose delete.
    2- Scrool Down to "pTunes USB Helper"
    3- Click the delete button.
    4- Click YES to the "Are You Sure" message
    5- Click Reset Now when the msg "You must reset your device to delete the pTunes USB helper. After the reset, delete it again to complete the unistall process."
    6- Your device resets.
    7- Repeat steps 1-7 ad nauseum (read: the file never disappears).

Notes:

After installing the 3.1.6 update of PTunes my Treo650 began getting "MemoryMgr.c, Line:2679, Chunk over-locked" errors. It hadn't crashed for 3 weeks prior to updating pTunes, and has never crashed with that error before. I'm not totally sure if it's pTunes, but I tried deleting pTunes to see if it is the culprit. I could delete pTunes itself, but not its USB Helper.

Tried to find "pTunes USB Helper" in FileZ, but could not locate it.

Anyone else having this problem, or can someone confirm that this file cannot be removed?

For that matter, if anyone has installed the pTunes 3.1.6 update, can you confirm this: (NOTE: Your phone may reset here, so please only try this if you have a backup of your data available. I have only lost my SNAPPER email due to this potential problem, and it does not seem to affect saved_preferences, but who knows...)

- Go to the phone App.
    - Hit ###. The screen should go back to the dialpad (i.e., the ### will disappear). If your phone is OFF, it will turn on when you do this, and then after it turns on, the ### will disappear.
    - Hit ### again, three or four more times.
    - Does your phone then reset?
    - If yes, allow phone to reset, then do a ##377#. Do you get a "MemoryMgr.c, Line:2679, Chunk over-locked" error?
    - If no, well, just say!

Note#2: I have done the Zero-Out reset followed by a restore. Prior to the restore, the ### had no reset effect. After the restore, the ### started causing the reset again. It's pretty much down to two possibilities: 1) pTunes USB Helper and 2) defective hardware.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  2.    #2  
    Well, I should have checked ptunes support first...
    http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/0/141/article/

But reinstalling pTunes does not allow me to then delete the pTunes USB Helper, per those instructions!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!