1.    #1  
    I see that VZW allows Blutooth DUN at an extra charge, so apparently there is at least some difference between the 650 and 700p. But what about the types of bluetooth connections...namely Car Kits. Does Verizon allow you to set up a "Car Kit" bluetooth connection, or is it stricty audio (and now data)?

I'm basically wondering if the 700p's bluetooth is crippled in the same way that the 650 is.
    I'm not sure what you mean by car kit. It works fine with my 2006 BMW 330i via bluetooth, with my MacBook Pro for bluetooth dun and with a Jabra JX-10 headset.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Well, on my 650, when you set up a new Bluetooth connection, you were never given the option of what kind (Audi/Car Kit) connection you wanted...it just forced an audio connection. It would work fine with headsets, but it would constantly drop the connection with my Garmin GPS which acted as a bluetooth car kit (dial/answer/etc from the GPS).

Verizon is the only one who did this...the others worked fine. I had to do a custom ROM with the Sprint bluetooth files to get this to work.

So when you set up the connection with your BMW, you were able to select "car kit" and the connection stays active?

Thanks.
    No, I don't see a car kit option, it recognized the car as an audio device, which I believe is correct. I've never had a problem with the connection being dropped.
  5.    #5  
    Can you dial from your car...end calls...etc? Or do you have to initiate calls from the phone, then give the car time to recognize that a call is in progress?
    I can dial from the car fine and end calls from the car fine also. I just leave the Treo 700p in my pocket and everything works OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I can dial from the car fine and end calls from the car fine also. I just leave the Treo 700p in my pocket and everything works OK.
    All works fine for me also with my 700p and 2005 Prius. However, if I initiate calls on the 700p rather than the Prius, I get no sound through the Prius speakers. I've also noticed that it's necessary for me to turn on BT only AFTER I've turned on the phone. If I reverse the order, no sound through the car speakers, only through the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Same for me with my 2005 Acura RL. Functionally, it works well -- including call transfers, etc. The Bluetooth Profile in the Treo 700p is a bit off as it only shows signal strength and incoming caller telephone numbers. It does not show battery strength. Also, the RL shows the 700p as always in Roam mode -- even though it's not at all. I recently had a Moto V710 and it showed everything -- and everything propely. So, it's the 700p's bluetooth profile that's wrong. BTW, my provider is verizon.