1.    #1  
    I am going from a new 700p back to the 650 because I do not feel the bang for the buck. EVDO is fine but I am not exploring the internet on my phone. Just not feeling the value of upgrading.

Anyone else?

Jimbo
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    what are your plans for the P?
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    The 700p has twice the amount of user memory.
    at&t iPhone3G
    The 60mb of user memory on the 700p is huuuuuge. I have all my apps stored on the internal instead of the memory card. On my previous 650, I was constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY trying to conserve space. This is a pain because I have so many dozens and dozens of apps loaded.

The 700p accepts a 4GB memory card, which again is huuuuge. Got lots of music, files, movies, p@rn, pics all stores on the card.

Also, the 700p has a built-in PDF reader that works well too, whereas it didn't work realiably with the Treo 650 and PalmPDF app combo (too many freezes and resets).

Plus, the Blazer is positively an improvement in the 700p and I'm able to access various websites better versus the 650.

The downside of the 700p is its overall sluggishness when switching from apps, such as from Phone to Home, etc. Even worse is the periodic momentary freezes that screws up music playing and other functions. Hopefully, there will be a firmware fix for this soon.

Overall, I prefer my 700p to the 650, given all its pros and cons.

Faster internet speed is positively a nice plus too!

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The sluggishness has been posted to death and diff fixes vary and work for some and not others, mine overall it worked great for. The memory is MAJOR like noted, internet speed is great if you have EVDO in your area, I unfortunately don't but when I travel it comes in handy, if you don't do websurfing that might not be a big deal for you or the TV stuff. But otherwise, ya you are right prob not much difference if none of that matters to ya. I like the feel of the phone a lot more personally. So far no major disasters with it heh. Had the slight slowdown but fixed since I don't use versamail. I use Chatter. And of course there is the USUAL apps that don't work YET cuz the phone is new. But mostly they are coming along. Wish ya luck on your 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    The 60mb of user memory on the 700p is huuuuuge. I have all my apps stored on the internal instead of the memory card. On my previous 650, I was constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY trying to conserve space. This is a pain because I have so many dozens and dozens of apps loaded.

The 700p accepts a 4GB memory card, which again is huuuuge. Got lots of music, files, movies, p@rn, pics all stores on the card.

Also, the 700p has a built-in PDF reader that works well too, whereas it didn't work realiably with the Treo 650 and PalmPDF app combo (too many freezes and resets).

Plus, the Blazer is positively an improvement in the 700p and I'm able to access various websites better versus the 650.

The downside of the 700p is its overall sluggishness when switching from apps, such as from Phone to Home, etc. Even worse is the periodic momentary freezes that screws up music playing and other functions. Hopefully, there will be a firmware fix for this soon.

Overall, I prefer my 700p to the 650, given all its pros and cons.

Faster internet speed is positively a nice plus too!

Casey
    Thanks Casey for the complete reasoning...my prior post was a drive by posting.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Thanks Casey for the complete reasoning...my prior post was a drive by posting.
    You're welcome! What do you use for your drive-bys? A traditional 6 shot, or a semi ? Joke.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    You're welcome! What do you use for your drive-bys? A traditional 6 shot, or a semi ? Joke.
    I use a Gateway NX860 17" widescreen notebook...packed with plenty of power. I just hate lugging it around sometimes.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I feel you!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116721

Unfortunately, I recently broke my 650 and Lockline (Now Asurion) is making me fill out an affidavit and get it NOTARIZED before processing my replacement order. So I broke down bought a 700p until I get my replacement 650. Still no Verichat support, but the processing speed does seem a LITTLE bit faster - yet still WAY slower than the 650.

I'll stick with the 650 for now thanks
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Without the extra memory I wouldn't be able use java, which is useful now that I have mino working.

Also TV on the phone is kind of neat. However I have brought mobi tv for a few days, I never have the chance to watch it.

(I brought the unlocked 650 for $370 which was a really good price. But I brought the 700p on ebay for only $100+ with contract. Low price is the main reason I switch to 700p.)
    I was ready to switch back because of the problem with Versamail on the 700p, but it would have been a tremendous hassle for me. My Treo 650 was on my personal sprint plan, along with my wife's flip phone. Well, her phone was stolen, I didn't feel like paying a lot of money for a new one, and I had just started a new job. Solution: I manage the IT dept at my company, so I transferred both of our (out of state) numbers to a couple of Nextel Blackberries I had laying around, transferred the plans to the company, ordered her and her Mom Razr's from wirefly, and had the company buy me a Verizon 700p. It would have been a biznatch to undo all of that. Once I got my Exchange cert working with the 700p I never looked back. It's a great phone.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    what versamail problem??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    what versamail problem??
    I concur - I haven't had any issues with Versamail on the 700p. It was unusable on the 650 though...
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I've been using VersaMail on the 700P without issue since day 1.

(I don't want to say this too loud as somehow I feel like I'm getting away with something...)
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Big reason for my switch to the 700P, forced roaming! The 650 would lock on 1 bar of Sprint service and basically make calls at my home impossible. Now I just set it to roaming only and I get 4 bars at home . Huge advantage over the 650 IMO.
    DJ
    FYI, the 650 takes 4GB SD cards also.
    If you install the FAT32.prc file by updating your ROM, which many people may not feel comfortable doing. But, yes, the circuitry accepts 4GB SD cards.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I'm also thinking about going backwards (700p to 650). I use the 650 for a long time and was excited to get the 700p. I need good BT on my device as I rely on my headset (at home and while traveling). I've tried 4 BT headsets with the 700P and honestly they are all dissapointing. They all loose connection and seem VERY flakey. With my 650 it would at lest keep the connection.

I'm very dissapointed that Plam would release a product poor BT (considering BT has bee around for a while). On my Sanyo 8400 the BT works like it should (good distance as well).
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i have to agree somewhat...

the connection itself seems fine to me and quality seems better than 650...

but with my Infiniti M, for some reason, it shows the wrong number of the person calling on the nav screen....
    I agree, it's very disapointing that they release a new (expensive) product, and the BT seems to still have some bugs...

I'm hoping sprint will release a fix/patch/update soon...

I'm going on day 3 with the 700p and I almost went to return it this morning.
    yesterday, it wouldn't automatically connect to the car like the 650 did and I was pissed. figures, today its connecting fine but still showing the wrong number on screen... very upsetting as now I have to pick up the handset to see who it is..
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I agree - A patch or some type of fix is needed ASAP. I know this topic has been talked about a number of times on this forum. I just can't understand how Palm could release the 700P with such poor BT - I mean it's not like BT just came out!

It's also frustrating that there is no indication of WHEN this patch will be released, so we're in the dark for now.