1.    #1  
    This problem just started this week on my Verizon 650. Nothing new has been added to the phone in over 6 months.
    MMNotify
    MemoryMgr.c,Line:3732, NULL handle

I read thru some of the old threads on this very subject and found a fix in one of them but the link doesn't go anywhere.

[HTML]Try to reset versamail as explained HERE [/HTML]

Its obviously connected to some Versamail problem from what I can tell. Anybody got a new solution or the link to an old solution before I call India? Thanks

Dean
  2.    #2  
    Called Verizon on reset issue. Found a Versamail updater, installed it, no problems for 3 days, then BAM! Same problem all over again. Reset, reset, reset! Had a drink! Called Verizon again--went through with the hard reset. Added Updated Versamail- Problem returned. Drank more! Removed all of Versamail. Had Verizon convince me their Wireless Sync that came with the phone was wonderful! (Must have had one too many drinks and believed them!) Tried to get it working on my Treo 650--many more resets caused by Wireless Sync! Went back to Versamail and of course same reset problem described in previous post! Anybody got any advice...or stronger liquor???

Thanks

Dean
    If you've got a little extra money, get rid of VersaMail altogether with a custom ROM image and use SnapperMail or Chatter.

Don't know if this might be your issue, but if you're getting constant resets and some of them are Chunk Over-locked errors in Line: 2679....The static memory has become defective due to overuse (actually, that is my GUESS as to what's going on since support is tight-lipped about it). The only way to fix is to get a new unit, if that is your case.

Try doing a hard reset but don't reinstall any of your apps (do a hotsync before doing this, but not after the hard reset). Give it a day and see if the error comes back. If so, you have a defective unit.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the advice. And YES, I have started to see the 2679 error along with the 3732. I spent another 85 minutes with Verizon tech last night. Added the latest Verizon updater and now I wait. I have tried to pursuade them that there is a hardware problem with this phone but they don't agree with me just yet. If the issue continues today, I will go after another unit!

Thanks again
    I had the same problem and spent many hours doing hard-resets, re-loading apps, trying to narrow down the problem.

I learned a method to discover what app is causing the resets. After a crash, do a warm reset (hold UP arrow on the 5-way while resetting) this doesnt load extensions. Then from the PHONE app, type #*#377 DIAL and you will get a screen telling you which app caused the crash.

When I found out that many different apps were causing the crash, I replaced the phone. Loaded all my same apps I had on the old phone and life is fine again. I do think these 650s reach an end-of-life on some component that causes this. If you do a google search, you'll find lots of people with similar problems.

BL

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Don't know if this might be your issue, but if you're getting constant resets and some of them are Chunk Over-locked errors in Line: 2679....The static memory has become defective due to overuse (actually, that is my GUESS as to what's going on since support is tight-lipped about it). The only way to fix is to get a new unit, if that is your case.

Try doing a hard reset but don't reinstall any of your apps (do a hotsync before doing this, but not after the hard reset). Give it a day and see if the error comes back. If so, you have a defective unit.