1.    #1  
    I have coded a utility named 'SC Max' for Treo to quickly:

1. Insert a ShortCut symbol into an editable field: Opt-Alt sequence.

2. Call up the ShortCuts Panel: Opt-Menu.
    (Needs to install the 2 ShortCuts files as posted by CheckMate earlier
    in TreoCentral.)

3. Call up MetaDA (a DA Launcher): Opt-Home.
    To display a list of all DAs on your Treo for click to launch.
    (Alexander Pruss's MetaDA, a freeware, needs to be in Ram.)

The attached zip file also includes the 3 files mentioned above.
    Users who have installed the patched version of "HsExtention2.0_enUS.prc"
    must remove it for SC Max to work correctly.

SC Max is tried on a Treo 650, but as usual, please backup first.

Comments & bug report are welcomed.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Great stuff! And in only 4K of code. Very Treoesque.
    This is exactly what I was looking for, a way to open DA's without the stylus, but it doesn't work on the 700p, any chance of making it work, please!
    I really like this app; it enables you to use DA's on your Treo, and it is much easier than the alternative, which is to use TreoCommandBar, DA Launcher and CMDway. Thanks!!
    Last edited by rossarnie; 03/26/2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Petitlaunch works well for launching DAs on a 650. Don't know if I works on a 700p.
    Hi, I've got a Treo 680 (unlocked GSM) and SC Max doesn't launch MetaDA when option+home is pressed. On the 680, the home key is the 4th app hardkey -- could this be the cause of the problem?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I used to use SC Max on my 650 but also couldn't get it to work right on my 680. I now launch MetaDA via Hi-Launcher.
    The Shortcut piece seems to provide too many clicks to accomplish the shortcut. the two key punch is not that efficient. I prefer ShortCut5 which is free too. You setup the shortcuts and type a period and then the string, like .luc to type lunch.

I couldn't get the MetaDa to do anything either on my 650 from Sprint.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I used to use SC Max on my 650 but also couldn't get it to work right on my 680. I now launch MetaDA via Hi-Launcher.
    Stevengoh,
    I love this program!
    Any chance you could get it to work on the T680?
    Arnie
    MetaDA is to bring up other DA's you have in your device, It IS not to do anything and that is it's sole purpose.

H ave many DA's in my Treo and I set MetaDA to a quick key with HiLauncher and then when I press that key I get the list of all DA I have, this is done by MetaDA
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    An excellent application, but opt+alt to insert a ShortCut symbol cannot work PalmOS Off & Lock window on treo 650, any suggestion?

BTW, I really like the procedure hvch.

Thanks

Jerry