1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650, and two of the most important applications I use with it are ListPro and DayNotez. My problem is that I depend (depended...) on the desktop companion apps for those Palm utilities, but they don't have Mac versions.

Other than using Parallels and sticking with Windows for my Treo, which seems like a fairly good idea inasmuch as Palm support on the Mac apparently sucks but also would be unfortunate because then I'd have no Mac OS integration, what are my options?

Many TIA,

Paul
    This is a tough one because both are among the highest quality programs in their class. I would think that setting up Parallels would be more than worth it when you consider the powers that you are giving your system. My understanding is that at least you can cut and paste. And, you are only one click away from the software you want. This would seem to be precisely the situation in which you would want the emulator.

Good Luck!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I do hope I can find Mac OS replacements, though. Having to keep Parallels running all the time (provided I can even get Windows installed properly in the first place) would be a drag.

Paul
    Well, you would have to fork out for the extra RAM (and be very generous) as well as Parallels and XP. That's going to be an expensive way to get those two apps but , if I had a Mac and the cash, two big ifs , I still would do it.

P.S.
    I hope someone jumps in with some alternatives for the Mac, I can't think of anything, but I'm pretty sure there is a combination you could use...
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/29/2006 at 10:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    If you need an outliner, Brainforest is available for OS X. I don't know if it's what you're looking for though.
  6.    #6  
    The problem I'm having with Parallels, ironically enough, is that I can't sync my Treo. So no matter how you slice it, I'm screwed.

fly888 -- thanks for the BrainForest tip. That looks like it could definitely sub for ListPro. So I just have to figure out what to do about DayNotez, which is the most important missing app I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Idol View Post
    The problem I'm having with Parallels, ironically enough, is that I can't sync my Treo. So no matter how you slice it, I'm screwed.
    That *is* bad news. The creators of Parellels should be more aware of the importance of supporting the Treo Community.