Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    www.gadgetsonthego.net has all the info posted.
    A2DP for the POS? I am impressed.

Although that website is ghetto as hell, I don't trust it.

edit: mp3 ringtone but not aac/amr? It's probably bogus.
    Those specs dont look right. A2DP - unlikely. IR - Where's the port?

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    www.gadgetsonthego.net has all the info posted.
    You mean he's posted the info shown at Palm Insider wonder where they got it from
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Hey it has to be true I read it on the internet, cmon guys my 600 is dying and I need this. Us poor fools with cingular have waited long enough.
    Ghetto??? *Seriously confused* I've always thought Jim's site was nice and clean.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The same site mentions more possible "evidence" of Apple's upcoming iPhone with music and video. Add this to the ThinkSecret rumor that Apple's iPhone will be carried exclusively by Cingular initially in the U.S, to be released Q1-'07. Scant details so far, but it will of course have iTunes integration a la iPod, and if you have a Mac it will have iSync support for Address Book and iCal syncing (maybe Outlook syncing on Windows?). It will no doubt have Bluetooth (all of Apple's laptops have BT 2.0 + EDR). The article says it will be a candybar form factor, have a 2.2 inch display (no pixel depth specs yet) and a 3 mp camera.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0609cingulariphone.html

Considering Palm's disappointing near-term GSM plans in the U.S., I may have to wait to see what yummy gizmo Apple dishes up before I buy my next handset.

Still holding onto my rock solid Treo 600 on T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Those specs dont look right. A2DP - unlikely. IR - Where's the port?

Surur
    On the side, like the 750?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    On the side, like the 750?
    At the same spot where the IR receiver on the 750 is, there is no window on the 680.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...eo750_crop.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...eo680_crop.jpg

Surur
    it also says standard sd card, so I assume the ir port is in the same place as the 650? I thought the 750 and 700p/700x didn't support a2dp bluetooth stereo? The 680 looks like a very strange mix if these specs are right. Low end camera but high end features like bluetooth stereo? To be honest I expected the 680 to be the same as a 750?
    The 680 is supposed to be a lower priced device, from what I understand. I think the BT stereo support claim is a mistake. Would be nice if it were true though!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    At the same spot where the IR receiver on the 750 is, there is no window on the 680.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...eo750_crop.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...eo680_crop.jpg

Surur
    Well, I see an LED charge light on the 680 that doesn't appear on the picture of the 750. That means the cases are different, at least in a small way, so not seeing the IR port in the exact same place as on the 750 is not so convincing.

It would be odd if a so-called low end device omitted the lowest end connectivity option.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Well, I see an LED charge light on the 680 that doesn't appear on the picture of the 750. That means the cases are different, at least in a small way, so not seeing the IR port in the exact same place as on the 750 is not so convincing.

It would be odd if a so-called low end device omitted the lowest end connectivity option.
    We've seen pictures of the device from all sides, and still have not seen an IR port.

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Maybe it's under the battery
    I've seen the manual. The IR port is on top, SD slot (yes, full SD) is on the side.
    Bluetooth is 1.2, no stereo according to manual, voice dialing via bluetooth is not on list of supported functions. DUN is enabled.

Edit to add: my biggest suprise on glancing through the manual was that soft reset is to be done by removing the battery - no reset button to press.

A bit disappointed by the bluetooth feature list, but I'm still liking the phone.

Here's the feature list (cut and paste)

Radio • GSM 850/900/1800/1900 quad band world phone
    • GPRS class 10, class B
    • EDGE up to 59kbps per time-slot
    • Supports CSD (circuit-switched data)
    Phone features • Speakerphone
    • Hands-free headset jack (2.5mm, 3 or 4-barrel connector)
    • Microphone mute option
    • TTY/TDD compatible
    • 3-way calling
    Processor technology Intel PXA270 Bulverde processor, 312MHz
    Expansion SD/MultiMediaCard/SDIO card slot
    Battery • 1200mAH, rechargeable lithium ion
    • Removable for replacement
    Palm OS® version Palm OS 5.4.9
    Camera (camera version only)
    • Still image capture resolution (640 x 480)
    • 2x digital zoom
    • Video capture resolution (320 x 240)
    • Automatic light balance
    Size 4.44 in. x 2.33 in. x 0.84 in. (112.9mm x 59.3mm x 22.4mm)
    Weight 5.6 ounces (157 grams)

Connectivity • IR
    • Bluetooth® wireless technology (1.2 compliant)
    Display • Touch-sensitive LCD screen (includes stylus)
    • 65,536 colors (16-bit color)
    • User-adjustable brightness
    • 320 x 320 resolution
    Keyboard • Built-in QWERTY keyboard plus 5-way navigator
    • Backlight for low lighting conditions
    Included software • Phone (including Favorites
    and Dial Pad)
    • Pictures & Videos
    (includes camera and
    camcorder)
    • Messaging (text and
    multimedia)
    • Blazer® web browser
    (Internet)
    • Pocket Tunes™
    • Xpress Mail
    (download required)
    • Good Link
    (download required)
    • VersaMail® (email)
    • Contacts
    • Calendar
    • Memos
    • Tasks
    • Voice Memo
    • Documents To Go
    Professional®
    • Calculator Basic and
    Advanced
    • World Clock
    • Palm® Desktop software
    What does it say about memory?

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What does it say about memory?

Pretty hilarious, I can't find a listing of how much memory there is in the entire user guide.
    However, the person who sent me the guide said that there was 64MB on their phone.
    The 650 has 23 MB of memory available to the user based on 32 MB total (?). With 64 MB total in the 680, does this mean we can expect somewhere around (23 + 32) = 55 MB available?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    So the only hardware changes are an update to Bluetooth 1.2 and possibly more memory. On the down side it uses the same 1200mAH battery as the 750v
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    do I need the 680 if I got the 650?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast