Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber View Post
    do I need the 680 if I got the 650?
    Support for SD cards >1Gb? Yes, I know you can do that by updating the ROM, but I guess many users wouldn't consider doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Support for SD cards >1Gb? Yes, I know you can do that by updating the ROM, but I guess many users wouldn't consider doing that.
    You mean 4GB card. 2GB SD cards are supported by 650. You need custom rom flash for 4GB.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You mean 4GB card. 2GB SD cards are supported by 650. You need custom rom flash for 4GB.
    Ah yes, thanks for the correction.

Wonder if there's any chance it will support SDHC?
    680 is a 650 in a nicer package. Yes we do need 680 ASAP
    If your sick of the antenna and you could use the possible extra memory it may have...other than that, IMO i don't see why. I think the 650 is a great device and I know people who have stable 650's and will keep them until they see fit with the next Treo Palm has to offer. There are some who just have to have the latest toy out sindrome...people who just got a 700wx, but plan on going to cingular just so they can get a 750...goodness, or have the 700p and the 700wx. I like to use the hell out of my device until a real eye catcher comes along like the Palm/Linux fantasy I dream of. Until then, none of these appearant Treos are worth the extra spending in cash or change in device. I will use my 700p until something that is released with some flavor of the next generation of Treos with forcing me to change being WM or Palm and if it doesn't seem like a real upgrade again, I will just leave Palm all together. gtwo is still tugging away at his 650 and only got the 700p for his daughter...Perry is holding out for the big one I assume?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The main reason I'd swap my 650 for a 680 is the BT update, with v1.2 I should be able to use my BT GPS receiver at the same time as a BT headset which I can't currently do with the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    The main reason I'd swap my 650 for a 680 is the BT update, with v1.2 I should be able to use my BT GPS receiver at the same time as a BT headset which I can't currently do with the 650
    That is a reason. I don't use BT myself.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Of course - if you're coming from a T600, the 680 looks to be a major upgrade, with user-replaceable battery, lots more storage, a brighter, sharper screen, bluetooth, non-volatile memory, brighter & better keyboard, and lots more! Antenna or no antenna-I'm looking forward to an UNLOCKED 680 and soon!!!

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    1.2 also means the BT headset problem could be solved. So many headsets seem to not work well with the 650.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    1.2 also means the BT headset problem could be solved. So many headsets seem to not work well with the 650.
    It could also mean nothing. Upgrading the BT version doesn't necessarily mean Palm won't mess up the bluetooth again...you could still end up having lots of problems with BT devices...
    Can you really use the BT earpiece and the GPS receiver at the same time? I never try it on my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    The 650 has 23 MB of memory available to the user based on 32 MB total (?). With 64 MB total in the 680, does this mean we can expect somewhere around (23 + 32) = 55 MB available?

The email I received from the lucky advanced user said that the Treo showed 64MB available to the user. Here's hoping.

Another question asked was if this phone would be worth the upgrade from the 650. I'll be looking for expert reviews when they are available (when? don't know) and considering the price (prefer unlocked even though I'll be sticking with cingular - don't want to lose my cheap legacy unlimited MediaNet sub). From what I see now, the features I'm most looking forward to are:

1. Increased memory and expected reduction in crashes/resets. My biggest complaint for my 650.
    2. Better bluetooth (but was hoping for voice dialing and stereo :P)
    3. No antennae and slightly slimmer phone.

I'd love to see a bigger screen and number pad with slider keyboard, but Palm hasn't been experimenting with form factor so much.... and of course the ubiquitous wishes for wifi and a multi-tasking OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    It could also mean nothing. Upgrading the BT version doesn't necessarily mean Palm won't mess up the bluetooth again...you could still end up having lots of problems with BT devices...
    I'm getting depressed again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
    The email I received from the lucky advanced user said that the Treo showed 64MB available to the user. Here's hoping.
    If you get a chance, please ask your source which of the included programs are in ROM? Docs To Go? Pocket Tunes?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    POS-wise any differences to the latest 650 stuff?

on an unlucked GSM version I'm running firmware 01.71 - software treo650-1.20-lap

if the operating system will be exactly the same without multitasking and so on I do not see much other reason to spend those extra bucks ... if the 650 is still running.
    If you get a chance, please ask your source which of the included programs are in ROM? Docs To Go? Pocket Tunes?
    Probably Pocket Tunes, since they have it already in the 700.
    Haven't heard from them recently.

But if you'd read the thread, I posted the answer to your question on page 1.

Messaging (text and
    multimedia)
    • Blazer® web browser
    (Internet)
    • Pocket Tunes™
    • Xpress Mail
    (download required)
    • Good Link
    (download required)
    • VersaMail® (email)
    • Contacts
    • Calendar
    • Memos
    • Tasks
    • Voice Memo
    • Documents To Go
    Professional®
    • Calculator Basic and
    Advanced
    • World Clock
    • Palm® Desktop software

I wonder if it is the full ptunes. I like that DtG is professional.
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Higher internet speed is what I'm waiting for and the 680 isn't offering it. My 650 is stable enough that I'll wait for a high speed GSM version. It's going to be a long wait...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    ...CLIP..
    I'll wait for a high speed GSM version. It's going to be a long wait...

iM gEtTINg rEAlLY dIScOURAGeD!
    Just call me Berd.
    I am very sad to say, that despite the fact that it may only be an incremental update in features, I will probably snap the thing up the day it hits the streets.

I have horrible updateitis and I need to take care of it. I just have so many palm programs that I love and have paid good money for and don't want to part with (TONS) is why I am still clinging on the POS.

Oh well........
    Heres my visa card, just go ahead and charge it...
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast