1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700p and no matter what headphones I use I am only able to get music out of one of the earphones. Does everyone have this problem or is mine faulty. Is there an adapter that would fix this? Or are there just certain headphones that work.

Thank you
    Does this also happen with the stereo earbuds that came with the 700p? At least mine came with a stereo earbud/mic. The jack is a bit weak, so it is possible the jack is broken on yours.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I have two different adapters, one is better than the other but I still have to "play" with it to get it to work right. It's very frustrating. I just ordered another adaptor Treocentral store, the others I got from Radio Shack, hope this one works better.
  4.    #4  
    The headphone I got with my phone is just one bud and I do of course get the Music out of it.
    Up until two weeks ago I was jamming with my earbuds and both of them worked great and then one side started getting week resulting in me adjusting it to get a good tone on both sides but I accepted it, then one day I walked by a desk and the wire caught and ripped them out of the jack ruining the connector. Every since then, I can only get one earbud to work no matter what headphones I get. The Treos Jack sucks and is too easily damaged or distorted. My 700p has been pretty stable out of the box and fearing getting a bad one, I don't want to replace it just because of a jack. All in all, I am seriously starting to get sick of Palm the longer I remain a customer when it comes to quality of goods recieved. Every other flip phone I had that I dropped, beat the hell out of, dropped in the bathtub, etc...phone jack still worked awesome for playing music or talking and everything else. All this money for this phone and I have read in other threads of others having the same issue with the jack. I am desperately awaiting something on Sprint to stray me to another device entirely. I have said it before...I hope Sprint will get the Samsung i320...dreaming, I know. If the i320 came to Sprint...by by Palm. I have had two Samsung flip phones and they can take a beating and my wifes A900 Blade rocks and is relieable.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    I have a Treo 700p and no matter what headphones I use I am only able to get music out of one of the earphones. Does everyone have this problem or is mine faulty. Is there an adapter that would fix this? Or are there just certain headphones that work.
    The 700p evidently has a non standard plug and will not produce stereo sound with all adaptors. There is a Radio Shack adaptor which works but protrudes out and is likely to place an inordinate amount of stress on what is already and extremely delicate jack. I ordered and am now using this jack which according to what I researched looks like the one to place the least stress on the p:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...12-45--337.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Up until two weeks ago I was jamming with my earbuds and both of them worked great and then one side started getting week resulting in me adjusting it to get a good tone on both sides but I accepted it, then one day I walked by a desk and the wire caught and ripped them out of the jack ruining the connector. Every since then, I can only get one earbud to work no matter what headphones I get....
    Hi K, That experience would just irritate the heck out of almost everyone. I understand not wanting to return it, but if you decide to do so, just pay very close attention to the unit they give you, and if there is anything at all you don't like return it again. I once returned a unit three times in a row, without a problem, until I got a good one.

Good Luck!