1.    #1  
    The response from my previous thread (Best GPS Bundle for Treo 650) has been outstanding. At first I thought I wanted a GPS bundle, but now I am thinking that I want a seperate bluetooth GPS receiver. As a result, I am interested in getting some thoughts on car accesories for my Treo 650 (e.g. car kits, car chargers, FM transmitters etc), as I dont think I will be getting a bundle as I had originally envisioned. Basically, I want to feel like Luke Skywalker does when he steps into his X-Wing Fighter (i.e. my car), and R2D2 (i.e. my Treo 650) gets locked in. Here are my questions:

1. What is the best car kit for the Treo 650? I am leaning towards the IGrip Holder that mounts to the windshield via suction cup, as I feel the aluminum gooseneck would provide the best maneuverability for the Treo 650 while in the car. Anyone disagreee? Any opinions on why the IGrip Sturdy Swivel mount is better? I like the IGrip Suction Cup Holder better because it is $10 cheaper, but if someone can provide some good reasoning as to why the swivel mount is better, I will gladly shell out the extra $10.
    2. I am thinking of picking up the Smartphone Experts compact car charger. Can anyone provide me with a legitimate reason as to why it is worth it to shelll out the extra $7 ($19.95 as opposed to $12.95) for the Palm vehicle charger? If the Palm vehicle charger is legittmately better, I will gladly shell out the extra $7.
    3. Does the Cellet Dual Vehicle Outlet Charger work as advertised? I am interested since I am leaning towards getting a seperate bluetooth GPS receiver, which means that I will need to charge my phone and the GPS receiver while in the car.
    4. Any opinions on FM transmitters? There are two listed in the Treo Store: ISound and SoundFeeder. Any opinions on these? I live in Central Massachusetts, andI I have an FM transmitter for my IPOD (which is dead now, and that is why I wan to start using my Treo 650 as my MP3 player). The FM transmitter only used stations near the bottom of the frequency (i.e. 88.7, 88.3 etc). Since Boston is a liberal city with a lot of colleges, most of these stations were taken. So I am looking for something with more flexibility.

As you can probably tell, I am getting all my products from the Treo Store. If anyone has any suggestions of other products, I would welcome them.

Thanks!

Luke Skywalker AKA Bob
    Great thread bob!

I am also in the same boat as you. I don't want to get an "all-in-one" bundle but would rather pick and choose the different components based on ease of use/affordability etc.

I am leaning towards the Garmin 10 bundle or a separate mapping software with a wired GPS receiver and not a BT receiver so that I can take calls while in navigation mode.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  3.    #3  
    Hey SilverGS,

I like the idea of the wired GPS receiver for car use for the same reason (being able to use my BT headset for the phone). However, I also want to be able to take my GPS on foot, and I dont think a wired receiver would be good for that. Hopefully we will get some opinions on the car accessories, it sounds like we are both looking for the same thing.
    I think that the ultimate setup for many of us would be to use a wired GPS and replace an existing car stereo with the Sony MEX-BT5000. But of course this is a big step, and I haven't yet seen any confirmation that the MEX-BT5000 works with A2DP and Softick Audio Gateway (SAG) [thereby allowing you to stream music from your Treo to your stereo, while the former stays in your pocket].

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MEX-BT500...bosnation0e-20

I own a Parrot EasyDrive and a Telenav GPS so this would be a big move for me, but I could always give them to my wife :-)
    I like my Proclips mount for the Treo. I use the adjustable holder for an ipod which lets me mount the Treo in its leather case. I still have access to the connectors for the headset and audio adapter.

I have seen two headed cables that can support the TReo and a GPS receiver off of one lighter. Check this out www.semsons.com/opcabforholb.html
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6.    #6  
    Hey thanks for moving my thread to the appropriate forum, it was my bad to start it in the hardware forum.

One question I have is are you able to charge your Treo 650 when it is in the various suction cup, swivel, vent, mounts? it looks like the bottom part of the cradle of the mount may block the charger input.
    I have a seidio GPS car kit - it comes with a vent mount as well as glass/sunction mount. It holds and charges the treo. It has a speaker plus an audio out port that goes out into my casette adapter. It has a 5V out port that charges my BT GPS. It also has external microphone (which I run to my visor). I am extremely satisfied with this setup. I don't like a separate holder and charger because it is a pain to do two things where only one would suffice...
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    I have a seidio GPS car kit - it comes with a vent mount as well as glass/sunction mount. It holds and charges the treo. It has a speaker plus an audio out port that goes out into my casette adapter. It has a 5V out port that charges my BT GPS. It also has external microphone (which I run to my visor). I am extremely satisfied with this setup. I don't like a separate holder and charger because it is a pain to do two things where only one would suffice...
    Is this the model you have http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=768&xSec=35 ?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  9.    #9  
    Silver GS,

That one has the GPS receiver built into it. I think he is talking about:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../3-78--270.htm

jrd?
    Anybody using this http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/rhythmnblue ?

Looking at combining it with
    Treo 650 (replacing my 600)
    GPSlim 236 (HOLUX Technology Inc.) giving me maximum flexibility of bluetooth and/or serial

If I could just ensure installation of the radio would go smoothly, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger

Comments ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    No - it is Seidio G2500 model. I tried, but couldn't find it any more on the treocentral or seidio website.