1.    #1  
    Hi, thanks for looking, i am in the middle of a rom custom and i am ready to upload to phone and i get rom to big? All i have done is remove apprx 1 m. I am so confused

readings

largest rom 229,803,826,176
    current rom 6,637,798
    wasted space n/a

can anyone help me?
    thank you, v 1.13a
    Last edited by dlboyd41; 09/28/2006 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlboyd41 View Post
    Hi, thanks for looking, i am in the middle of a rom custom and i am ready to upload to phone and i get rom to big? All i have done is remove apprx 1 m. I am so confused

readings

largest rom 229,803,826,176
    current rom 6,637,798
    wasted space n/a

can anyone help me?
    thank you
    I think this is residual from your error code 27.

Shut down the rom tool. Disconnect the treo from the sync cable. Soft reset it, and let it start normally. Connect the cable, and reset again, booting to the bootload screen. Start the ROM Tool, and start the process again.

-B
  3.    #3  
    thank you, i think that is problem, actually the largest rom size was a (-) i refreshed on phone page of rom tool and my readings are;
    l/r=7,136,768
    c/r=6,637,768
    w/s= 498,970
    shouldnt i have more wasted space? i deleted almost a meg out of the rom? maybe this is a misread also. I am gonna try again (if i can ever get the phone in bootloadr mode?) i need some more space so i can move a few apps from ram.
    thanks again
    thank you, i think that is problem, actually the largest rom size was a (-) i refreshed on phone page of rom tool and my readings are;
    l/r=7,136,768
    c/r=6,637,768
    w/s= 498,970
    shouldnt i have more wasted space? i deleted almost a meg out of the rom? maybe this is a misread also. I am gonna try again (if i can ever get the phone in bootloadr mode?) i need some more space so i can move a few apps from ram.
    thanks again
    Your numbers seem realistic. The author of the tool can explain it better, but I think that the files are stored compressed in the Treo's ROM. Therefore, while you may have deleted a meg of uncompressed files from the ROM, you might gain little space when the ROM is recompressed.

-B
    i *just* had this problem about 15 minutes ago. Go into phone info and press refresh, then go back to Upload ROM - no need to exit out, soft reset, etc.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the responses, i have got everything the way i want it, except during many cust roms trying to figure out what would and wouldn't work somehow i don't have the yellow splash screen it is now showing the red (older) one and i can't even get shadowmite's sceen overlay to work with the red one????
    can one of you guys point me in the right direction?????
    do i need to do the updater thing on a sprint cdma??? i hope not cause i haven't figured any of that out and it's seems over my head. thanks in advance and i really like this site, vert helpful.
    did you rom the call duration hack? I believe it reverts to the old logo?
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  8.    #8  
    as far as i know i didn't mess with that. as far as i know everything i touched was on the master file list?? what is that file names or names and i will check.
    my only problems were putting apps in rom but for some reason they didn't show on the touch screen? they showed as rom files from file mgr, dont know no biggie i just want the shadowmite screen to work, thank you
    You'll have to tell us which files you added/removed. Possibly revert back to your original ROM and go at it one-by-one...
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
  10.    #10  
    ok, i removed versa mail,memo,todo,tutorial,world clock,langs,real player,getbc,bg services,datebook?,and whatever textertips is??
    i added : clocher,converter,fatfs,keyguard+,palm puke,radio control,resco explorer,r lock, soft rest, tech sounds, twilite.
    thanks again for your help,i really don't want to start over if i don't have to
  11.    #11  
    well with original rom it still has the old red and white splash screen?????
    any ideas???? thanks
  12.    #12  
    would a hard reset have any affect?
    i did a hard reset last evening that may? be when the yellow splash went away replaced by the red one?? custom rom 650 with out dated sprint splash screen, go figure. why won't the shadowmite splash hot sync to my phone now, it worked over the newer yellow screen
  13.    #13  
    well i did a hard reset and the yellow screen showed back up until i did a hot sync and it went back to red screen
    ok, i removed versa mail,memo,todo,tutorial,world clock,langs,real player,getbc,bg services,datebook?,and whatever textertips is??
    i added : clocher,converter,fatfs,keyguard+,palm puke,radio control,resco explorer,r lock, soft rest, tech sounds, twilite.
    thanks again for your help,i really don't want to start over if i don't have to
    Did you really add fatfs, because that is originally in the ROM anyway ?

Or have you added Fat32, but renamed it fatfs, which is a mistake.

Or did you add Fat32, but told us fatfs by mistake ?:

I assume you know what you want, but if you had left all of the above added files, apart from the fat file, in RAM you would have had a lot more DbCache, which would make you Treo a lot more stable.

But then I assume you have a reason for needing more RAM rather than DbCache.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  15.    #15  
    thanks chas, yes i meant fat32, sorry. i got the shadowmite splash working. i have read many of your post in the past couple weeks and i appreciate all your input, just last nite i was reading through some of the forum at shadowmite's site and read just the opposite??? i have 400k wasted wicth is at least 2x's as big as orig. it doesn't matter to me, if you say bigger is better i will move stuff back to ram. you the man. you know i read and read will you tell me what the heck the updater does?? DO I NEED IT? you know all i did was pull mine out copy it modify one of them and put it back . i am sprint 1.13a, hardware b, does the updater change the partition? i don't know bro, i need some input a lot of it. thank you chas, please let me know
    thanks chas, yes i meant fat32, sorry. i got the shadowmite splash working. i have read many of your post in the past couple weeks and i appreciate all your input, just last nite i was reading through some of the forum at shadowmite's site and read just the opposite??? i have 400k wasted which is at least 2x's as big as orig. it doesn't matter to me, if you say bigger is better i will move stuff back to ram. you the man. you know i read and read will you tell me what the heck the updater does?? DO I NEED IT? you know all i did was pull mine out copy it modify one of them and put it back . i am sprint 1.13a, hardware b, does the updater change the partition? i don't know bro, i need some input a lot of it. thank you chas, please let me know
    Glad to help.

Also glad that you are happy to read other threads. There is so much info in the Custom Rom and new ROMTool threads that you have read them a few times to get it clear in your mind.

I'm not up on the Sprint network, so I would not know what is the best update for you.

However the only way to change the size of your partition is to use one of the official Updaters that has to be run from a Card, rather than just hotsync over. However things can go wrong with Partition changes, so I have kept away from them. In my book they only give you more RAM, which you can achieve by putting lots of apps onto you card anyway.

Good luck and keep reading
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway