Just got the 700P and a samsung WEP200 Bluetooth Mono Headset.

I can use the headset just fine for answering and making calls.

However, I want to be able to listen to audio files (ptunes, audible.com) etc with my bluetooth headset.

Somehow I can't figure out how to do that.

When I have the headset in my ear turned on etc, and I hit the ptunes... the music comes out the speaker on the handset itself.

what am I missing?

Heeelp
    Its not possible to do that at this time.

It is sorta possible to listen to PTunes on Stereo A2DP capable BT headphones however with software called SAG. Currently SAG is trying to develop compatibility for the 700P. Do a search on SAG and youll see a few threads on this topic.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by QDSP View Post
    When I have the (bluetooth) headset in my ear turned on etc, and I hit the ptunes... the music comes out the speaker on the handset itself.
    To me this is the kind of stuff that should just be built in. It should be easy to reroute any audio to any audio output.

The BT-stereo output should be standard these days too.

And since I'm whining about sound, why is the headphone jack on the bottom? When I plug in a headset and set it down it's resting on the connector. That can't be good for it...

IMHO,
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I don't follow... how is the Treo resting on the connector by setting it down? Are you balancing it on the connector and leaning the phone against something?
    Anyone able to get the WEP200 to listen to music on the Centro? I'm assuming from what I found on googling, is that the WEP200 can only work on voiced calls, but nothing else on the phone such as Ptunes or Podcasts or movies. I'm not sure if it's a WEP200 problem or if it depends on which phone you have that can make it work. So, far I haven't read if anyone has tried it on the Centro. Read that it doesn't work on Treo 650 and 700. Any know?
    It doesn't look like the WEP200 does supports A2DP so you will not be able to listen to music with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddietreo View Post
    Anyone able to get the WEP200 to listen to music on the Centro? I'm assuming from what I found on googling, is that the WEP200 can only work on voiced calls, but nothing else on the phone such as Ptunes or Podcasts or movies. I'm not sure if it's a WEP200 problem or if it depends on which phone you have that can make it work. So, far I haven't read if anyone has tried it on the Centro. Read that it doesn't work on Treo 650 and 700. Any know?
    If the WEP200 IS A2DP compatible (Im not sure if it is or not) than you will need to have SAG installed.

Softick
    Audio
    Gateway

= SAG
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Nope the WEP200 does not support AD2P. Try the Jabra BT8010 with SAG if you want to listen to audio out of a single ear headset.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to make sure I find a headset that has A2DP. The 8010 is too bulky. I was hoping to find something small. Maybe the Gennum nx6000 but that thing is expensive!
    the 8010 is about as small as they come in an A2DP headset. A2DP is typically a stereo headset thing and you probably won't find any mono headsets with it. The 8010 allows you to unplug one side and convert it to mono. Your typical A3DP headset is usually of the ear muff variety so keep that in mind.
    You could use those 'A2dp external BT dongles' that plug into the headset jack connector..?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d