Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Tried the Garmin Que, and deleted it instantly. Not even as good as Mapopolis, let alone TOMTOM 6.
    Is anyone able to download the Garmin maps for the Palm and try them out without buying the software?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Is anyone able to download the Garmin maps for the Palm and try them out without buying the software?
    As far as I know, no. Garmin has an on-line viewer so you can see what their maps do and don't show. The on-line viewer for the City Navigator maps that come with the GPS 10 or 10x package is here (go to that page and click on "MapSource Map Viewer" in the upper right corner of the page). My experience is that the street maps are quite accurate, but in a few cases roads that are in fact connected are not connected within the map data base so occassionally Que creates strange "detour" routes around perfectly good sections of road.

I haven't done the comparison myself, but from what one can read on this site Garmin's maps are much better than TomTom Navigator version 5 whereas with Navigator 6 it's a closer call. Read the comments for yourself and decide. (I checked TomTom's site but I didn't see an on-line map viewer.)
    Last edited by bobodobo; 10/01/2006 at 09:58 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12