1.    #1  
    I am looking to buy a wireless headset for my Treo. The sound is never loud enough and when I used the Volume Care program it over modulates the sound to the point where it is distorted.

I am looking at maybe buying the Plantronics Pulsar 590a. Does anyone else have it? What did you pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by treooert2 View Post
    I am looking to buy a wireless headset for my Treo. The sound is never loud enough and when I used the Volume Care program it over modulates the sound to the point where it is distorted.

I am looking at maybe buying the Plantronics Pulsar 590a. Does anyone else have it? What did you pay?
    I have this headset and I like it alot. You have to use SAG (Softik Audio Gateway) to listen to music in stereo, but with it, the sound rivals some of the best wired headsets. I find it works best when I am running if I use an armband case on my right arm, nearer to the main electronics of the headset. If I don't, every now and then, I'll get a dropout, kind of like when when you hit a bump in a car with a cd player. Phone calls in stereo are really great, everybody has a sexy phone voice. I guess this could be bad if you're talking on the phone to your grandmother! I use mine with a Treo 650. I understand the Treo 700 may have issues working with SAG, and, thus, this headset. Do a search of the discussion forum and you will find alot of feedback on this and other bluetooth stereo headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki View Post
    I have this headset and I like it alot. You have to use SAG (Softik Audio Gateway) to listen to music in stereo, but with it, the sound rivals some of the best wired headsets. I find it works best when I am running if I use an armband case on my right arm, nearer to the main electronics of the headset. If I don't, every now and then, I'll get a dropout, kind of like when when you hit a bump in a car with a cd player. Phone calls in stereo are really great, everybody has a sexy phone voice. I guess this could be bad if you're talking on the phone to your grandmother! I use mine with a Treo 650. I understand the Treo 700 may have issues working with SAG, and, thus, this headset. Do a search of the discussion forum and you will find alot of feedback on this and other bluetooth stereo headsets.
    By the way, $120.00 or better is a good price.
    I cannot tell you how much I wish someone would come out with an A2DP mono headset. I own the 590A and really love it for listening to MP3s but there are times when a one ear/mono headset would be the ticket. ie: driving, needing to hear emergency vehicles; being able to hear other conversations going on, etc.. What I wouldn't give for a 640 that's A2DP equipped. You'd think there would be a great market for such a device.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce View Post
    I cannot tell you how much I wish someone would come out with an A2DP mono headset. I own the 590A and really love it for listening to MP3s but there are times when a one ear/mono headset would be the ticket. ie: driving, needing to hear emergency vehicles; being able to hear other conversations going on, etc.. What I wouldn't give for a 640 that's A2DP equipped. You'd think there would be a great market for such a device.
    I used to think that also.
    But, I started using a stereo headset, and now I'm spoiled.
    When I'm in a noisy area I don't have trouble hearing the person on the other line.
    And when I'm driving or want to also hear what's going on around me, I leave one ear uncovered.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce View Post

I'm not sure if this might be a solution:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...28&postcount=6
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I used to think that also.
    But, I started using a stereo headset, and now I'm spoiled.
    When I'm in a noisy area I don't have trouble hearing the person on the other line.
    And when I'm driving or want to also hear what's going on around me, I leave one ear uncovered.
    I'm rather spoiled, myself, although I use the Motorola HT820 stereo headset along with AudioGateway on the Treo 650.

The in-vehicle concerns you had aren't such an issue for me now that I've purchased a Nokia HF-6W Bluetooth Car Speakerphone. Now, I don't have to worry about wearing ANY kind of headset in the car.

The HT820 can pinch a bit on some people, but overall, I've been pleased with its performance. I tend to use it when I'm listening to music, watching movies (while waiting for my g.f. to pick out some shoes or something), and, of course, when I'm want to make a phone call, in general. Hearing callers in both ears is actually kinda helpful. You don't have to blast one ear into deafness just to hear someone... usually.

Anyway, that's enough ranting from me, for now. Good luck.