Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
    Along with most of you, I have had issues with the 700p being slow when switching between apps and also being annoyed by the call duration screen staying up too long. At least for me, I believe I have found the 3rd party culprit: Treo Guard!
    Big Tone - after a week or so since the OP, still think TreoGuard is the culprit? I only ask because I disabled it, soft reset, and I can't see much difference in performance. Still a slight lag highlighting the first favorite in the phone app and then when going from page 1 to page 2 (remaining ones seem fast).

I'm already clearing blazer cache on exit and don't have much running in the background (basically just Butler). I only use TreoGuard for it's "screen off" function to save battery power although I could live with the built-in auto screen dimming if I had to.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Big Tone - after a week or so since the OP, still think TreoGuard is the culprit? I only ask because I disabled it, soft reset, and I can't see much difference in performance. Still a slight lag highlighting the first favorite in the phone app and then when going from page 1 to page 2 (remaining ones seem fast).

I'm already clearing blazer cache on exit and don't have much running in the background (basically just Butler). I only use TreoGuard for it's "screen off" function to save battery power although I could live with the built-in auto screen dimming if I had to.
    Yes, I do. At least, it was one of the culprits. I first disabled it like you did, but didn't see a change. It wasn't until I deleted it did I notice a little faster response. I then did a hard reset and reinstalled everything except Treo Guard and it was even better.

I doubt this is related to Treo Guard, but after a hard reset, I ended up with about 20 extra MBs than I had before. I also don't have a pic on my phone pad. That caused a slow down, too.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    I'm already clearing blazer cache on exit .
    how does one do this?
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    In Web (Blazer), Options->Preferences->Advanced->(check) Clear cache on exit
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Yes, I do. At least, it was one of the culprits. I first disabled it like you did, but didn't see a change. It wasn't until I deleted it did I notice a little faster response. I then did a hard reset and reinstalled everything except Treo Guard and it was even better.
    Thanks. It's not too bad for me and seems to be mainly with the phone app, so I can probably just live with it.

I doubt this is related to Treo Guard, but after a hard reset, I ended up with about 20 extra MBs than I had before. I also don't have a pic on my phone pad. That caused a slow down, too.
    I did notice this afternoon that I seemed to have about 10M less memory than I thought I had over the weekend. Don't remember doing anything in particular, but it might have just been the On Demand data update. Glanced thru the file sizes in Palm Launcher and zLauncher and nothing jumps out as odd - nor does it seem they would account for all the "missing" memory. I may have to get Resco Explorer as that's the only file manager I've seen which will show the normally hidden cache folders/files (e.g. GoodLink) in the NVFS file system.
    Ok, I feel stupid. Yesterday I was trying to get Windows Media Player to sync direct to my Treo via the pTunes interface. Despite telling it to put the files in a particular card folder, apparently it put them in ram. I thought it just didn't work since they weren't on the card. Hadn't thought about them being in ram. Only way I noticed them was because Resco Explorer shows the folders in ram. Could've seen it in the pTunes song list if I had thought about it.

After 3 years of having 22MB total user memory, I'm still not quite used to having so much available
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12