Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I tried searching for it but can't find anyone who has discussed the latest OS version for Verizon Treo 650. Had to get a replacement 650 (dropped mine from too high of height) and my replacement is OS 1.05a. I thought the latest version was 1.04a. Anyone know anything about 1.05a and changes since 1.04a?

Thanks (and sorry if I missed a thread that discusses this).
    Maybe you have an advanced version, the newest update on palm, and verizons site is 1.04
    Let's get that rom extracted and upload it so the rest of us can try it out.
    Anyone installed this yet? Anything to report?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Did the update, the biggest thing I noticed right away, I no longer have to hit the button on my Bluetooth earpiece when making a call, it automatically connects. the other differenece i have seen right away is the Ascending volume option for the phone ringer now.
    Last edited by catskill05; 10/19/2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Curious if it fixes the Versamail problem with timezones? I guess after the update you have to upgrade VM as well to 3.1 Anyone confirm this fixes the timezone problem?

* Enhanced memory handling for opening larger web pages
    * Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headsets and carkits
    * Adds Dial Preferences screen to Phone Application
    * Enhancement to Date/Time preference panel to address daylight savings time and network time issues
    * Replaces Wireless Sync application with Wireless Sync over-the-air provisioning client
    * Adds support for certain cradle-based accessories, including speaker docks
    * Integrates the Treo 650 E911 Updater to improve the ability of emergency response personnel to locate users who dial 911 from the Treo 650 smartphone
    I'm leery to try it. I've already flashed my 650 with a custom ROM (Sprint's Bluetooth files) and don't want to lose pairing with my Garmin GPS.
    Well the Ascending Ring is interesting (every other cell phone I've owned had this feature, and I missed it on the 650), but I guess I am really interested in any improvements in the Bluetooth stack.

Notice any improvements?

-Warr
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    I'm leery to try it. I've already flashed my 650 with a custom ROM (Sprint's Bluetooth files) and don't want to lose pairing with my Garmin GPS.
    What benefits are to be gained by using Sprint's Bluetooth files?

-Warr
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Humm, I see this announced on the CDMA forum.

I am curious about the bluetooth performance. Any difference? Better, I hope. I've been trying to get the LG wireless headset to work (works great with pocketunes but not for placing calls).
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Two things I noticed...

- Blazer is now at 4.3.2 (feels faster and looks better)
    - BT Dun hack no longer works.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    what do you mean BT Dun hack no longer works?

If we hack it back, it won't work cause it works on this update? Or it just plain been disabled for good?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I see that someone posted this BT DUN question on Shadowmite's site.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I got an error for the BT DUN hack that said I needed a country code or something like that. So, I had to remove the file and BT worked again. My guess is someone will fix it eventually. Until then, if you can't live with out BT DUN, then wait on the upgrade.
    i notice a slight improvement w/ the regular bluetooth reception, less static, and I am still trying get used to grabbing the headset to answer.
    Does FAT32 still work with this upgrade? (I would assume so, but wanted to check first...)
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Could use some help here... tried to install update... put my phone into continuous reset cycle... did hard reset... started update from beginning... first step in update is backup which puts everything right back on my phone which causes the same continuous reset loop... vicious circle... what am I to do? Evidently I have some piece of software that conflicts with the update... but how do I avoid the process putting this back on my phone following the hard reset when the install process ITSELF puts everything back on phone BEFORE the upgrade.... can anyone help? Thanks...
    use backup buddy or such to backup your phone to a card. then create a new "temp" user with no backup to restore. the update says to use a "clean" phone and no SD card. just put the install files under the the new "temp" user, hard reset the phone and the sync choosing the "temp" user. update will run, then hard reset the phone and restore your own backup from the card.
    FYI, as with the previous Blazer 4.3 hack, this will not work on Sprint firmware. Since the version included here was 4.3.2, I decided I'd give it a shot. No-go. Hopefully they release a Sprint update soon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast