Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Interesting - I just upgraded to the 1.05a ROM (with no problems) and I don't have any file with a name close to "ProvAppRedirector" but I do have "SyncClient" (3.1kb). (Yes I did verify that I'm now running 1.05a). I'll try deleting that in the custom ROM I'm making.
    You have "SyncClient" in the rom folder? I did not. Only on the handheld. On the pc, in the 1.05a rom folder I did not have 'SyncClient'...only 'ProvAppRedirector'. On the handheld it was called 'SyncClient'. So, in the custom rom, on the pc, remove 'ProvAppRedirector' and you will not have 'SyncClient' on the handheld.
    Sorry, my misunderstanding. I was referring to the handheld, not the extracted ROM. I forgot those names can be different. By the way, Abe, could you post a complete list of the files you removed from the extracted ROM and why (if it's not obvious) you chose to extract them? Thanks.
    Sorry, my misunderstanding. I was referring to the handheld, not the extracted ROM. I forgot those names can be different. By the way, Abe, could you post a complete list of the files you removed from the extracted ROM and why (if it's not obvious) you chose to extract them? Thanks.
    In my original 1.04 custom rom I simply deleted what shadowmites filelist.pdf said was safe. When I made the 1.05a custom rom, I compared the stripped 1.04 rom and the 1.05a rom side by side and made the same deletions and additions. As for the 'SyncClient' app...that was just a wild guess...I made a note that 'ProvAppRedirector' was not present in 1.04 and the file size matched the "syncClient' app on the handheld. I'd be happy to post my custom ROM...I just have to figure out how...
    I have my custom ROM in a zip file in case anyone wants it - just PM me. Removed: all foreign language files, Clock (I use Palmary Clock), Calculator (I use PalmaryCalc), Tutorial, Handango Launcher, RealPlayer (I use PocketTunes) and of course replaced FATFS.prc with FAT32.prc. Works great, very stable, and 10 MB free memory even with some very large apps (Garmin Que, VoiceDial, Palmary Clock, PocketTunes) loaded in RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilli9013 View Post
    It seems as though this error will only occur if a user is upgrading to 1.05a from 1.03. The secret lies in the code that was added in 1.04 that makes this update mandatory before going to 1.05a. Nice of Palm to fill us in on that last bit of info.
    Just for the record, I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.05a (skipped 1.04) with no problem. I did use a temp hotsync name after a hard reset to do the update. FYI...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    1.04 to 1.05a does make a big change in bluetooth carkits. I use all three Motorola carkits in my fleet. I had set my 650 to autoanswer. That was the only way I could get it to work.

What I have found is the following;
    MOTOROLA 98500/S9642C - before 1.05 Auto answer works button to hangup works. With 1.05a Auto answer will not work, nor pressing the button. Need to answer with the phone then press the button.
    MOTOROLA HF850 - before 1.05 Auto answer works button to hangup works. With 1.05a Auto answer will work and hangup works.
    MOTOROLA INF1000 - before 1.05 Auto answer works button to hangup works. Redial does not work. If placing a call may disconnect from the kit without dropping the call. With 1.05a Auto answer will work, redial works, all voice dialing works.

If you are using the MOTOROLA 98500/S9642C I would not do the upgrade.
    I tried updating from 1.04a. Didn't work for me. I followed the directions, but ended up with an error message after the E911 Updater runs.

"Cannot find the operation application"

Everything was copied onto the handheld except CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device (rest truncated)
    It would not be copied to handheld, only to SD card.
    That must be the problem, but it won't allow me to change destination from the SD to Handheld.
    Any suggestions? A workaround?

thanks, Frank
    using Mac
    One thing I found with 1.05a is that Blazer now shows a blank white screen for about 30 seconds when first starting. Not every time, just when I haven't used it for a while (maybe after a soft reset, but I haven't determined precisely what does or does not trigger the freeze.) Anyone else have that problem or found a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadafinga! View Post
    I tried updating from 1.04a. Didn't work for me. I followed the directions, but ended up with an error message after the E911 Updater runs.

"Cannot find the operation application"

Everything was copied onto the handheld except CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device (rest truncated)
    It would not be copied to handheld, only to SD card.
    That must be the problem, but it won't allow me to change destination from the SD to Handheld.
    Any suggestions? A workaround?

thanks, Frank
    using Mac

I fixed it by adding ".prc" to the truncated filename. Don't know how it got that way. Anyway, Thanks Nadafinga! for our expert assistance. You're as smart as you are good-looking.
    I can no longer sync my 650 CDMA with my mac after upgrading to the latets version of MissingSync
    My upgrade to 1.05a from 1.04 went fine however now my "treo brand" bluetooth headset will no longer redial. When I press the button to redial I hear the two tones telling me the redial command has been initiated in the headset, then I see the bluetooth icon on the Treo flash but nothing happens. Anyone else have the treo branded bluetooth set ? Do other bluetooth headsets work with redial ?
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Another small issue. My Acura MDX now indicates the phone is roaming even though it isn't. I did the *228 programming so this is strange.

So much for "improved" bluetooth.

I really wonder who conducts Palm/Verizon quality control testing these days. The loss of redial from the Treo Branded bluetooth seems like something Palm should have caught espeically since they were modifying the bluetooth software.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    I updated my 650 to 1.05a yesterday. Everything seems to have taken except I now have a new bluetooth problem. I can pair my devices but when it comes to establishing one as a hands-free or hotsync, no devices ever appear in range. Before the update I had 5 devices (2 stereo receivers, 2 headsets & laptop) that all worked without any glitches. Now none appear in range. This is particularly frustrating since they pair up just fine. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions ?
    (Yes, bluetooth is "on" & discoverable is "yes" & I've done several resets)
    Any help is appreciated.
    One thing I found with 1.05a is that Blazer now shows a blank white screen for about 30 seconds when first starting. Not every time, just when I haven't used it for a while (maybe after a soft reset, but I haven't determined precisely what does or does not trigger the freeze.) Anyone else have that problem or found a solution?
    I get this too. I also get the blank white screen when I soft reset my Treo. No idea about cause or solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I get this too. I also get the blank white screen when I soft reset my Treo. No idea about cause or solution.
    Same here with the blank white screen, but with the added twist that the .jpg images from my webcam won't display. They download fine but only a red "X" appears in Blazer. I can tap the screen to save the .jpg to the SD card - the Media app then displays the image perfectly. Definitely something wrong with Blazer.
    can we get some screenshots of what changed from someone who has applied the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by mybadcode View Post
    1.04 to 1.05a does make a big change in bluetooth carkits. I use all three Motorola carkits in my fleet. I had set my 650 to autoanswer. That was the only way I could get it to work.

What I have found is the following;
    MOTOROLA 98500/S9642C - before 1.05 Auto answer works button to hangup works. With 1.05a Auto answer will not work, nor pressing the button. Need to answer with the phone then press the button.
    MOTOROLA HF850 - before 1.05 Auto answer works button to hangup works. With 1.05a Auto answer will work and hangup works.
    MOTOROLA INF1000 - before 1.05 Auto answer works button to hangup works. Redial does not work. If placing a call may disconnect from the kit without dropping the call. With 1.05a Auto answer will work, redial works, all voice dialing works.

If you are using the MOTOROLA 98500/S9642C I would not do the upgrade.
    I'm a little bit confused, help me out. Right now with 1.04, I do not use autoanswer as I want to see who is calling before I answer. When I want to answer I can hit answer on the phone OR the button on my BT headset Motorola H700. What would be diffferent after the upgrade to 1.05??? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rstyle View Post
    can we get some screenshots of what changed from someone who has applied the patch?
    I haven't noticed any difference in Blazer's appearance (unless you count the lingering blank white screen as something new; let me know if you want a screen shot of that). Here's my personal experience with 1.05a:

* Blazer sometimes has the White Screen of Boredom on startup as noted above.
    * Blazer can visit some websites it couldn't before.
    * Blazer speed seems about the same to me, but I'm just using the free low-speed dial up connection, not 1xRTT, so not a good test
    * Bluetooth audio quality with my Treo headset is definitely better
    * As with 1.04, Bluetooth Manager still drops pairing with the Treo headset every week or so and I have to re-pair; no change there.
    * Shadowmite Bluetooth DUN hack doesn't work anymore, had to buy USBModem (which works fine, but I had no need to buy it before.)
    * iSync chokes on Calendar synchronization using either the Bluetooth or USB serial connection, no amount of tweaking would fix that, had to buy Missing Sync. (Not a bad idea anyway, syncs many more fields and more convenient than iSync/HotSync setup.)

While the Bluetooth headset audio quality improvement is nice, all in all it's a pretty unimpressive update. Perhaps the best outcome of all this was that it gave me an excuse to re-install all my apps and data from scratch, and thus eliminate a lot of old "orphan" files no longer needed.
    I just did the update, and was successful (had the continuous resets, had to hard-reset, clear my phone, etc. first). Now when I try to pair my Jabra BT250v bluetooth headset, right before I can enter the Bluetooth security key, the phone activates Keyguard every time. Even when I disable Keyguard in prefs, it still happens. I don't know how to get around it, and it pretty much bricks support of my heaset.

Anybody got any suggestions?

EDIT: Seems if I'm quick enough, I can disengage Keyguard before the phone goes to sleep and makes me start again. Must be a new security feature. Kind of annoying, but manageable.
    Last edited by LoneWolf15; 11/01/2006 at 11:49 AM.
    Blazer seems to have trouble rendering larger .jpg images. I snapped two photos, the first at 640x480 and the second at 320x240.

Blazer cannot display the larger file, but it can display the smaller file. Strange. I never had this problem with the previous rom version.

Could someone please test on their Treo 650 with the 1.05 update? I have attached both files. If you save the files to the device (not card) the correct url is "file:///DCIM/Photo_110106_001.jpg" and "file:///DCIM/Photo_110106_002.jpg"

Let us know if this problem can be reproduced on other devices!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast