Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    What benefits are to be gained by using Sprint's Bluetooth files?

    -Warr
    Until now, it was the only way I could get my 650 to properly connect and handle calls on my bluetooth-enabled Garmin c550 GPS, as Verizon had removed the "car kit" option from the previous firmware.

    But some use it for DUN, and OBEX I believe.
  2. #22  
    Any idea which file to delete in this new update to eliminate wireless sync in a custom ROM?

    Thanks,
    -B
  3. jonsdad's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyham View Post
    Could use some help here... tried to install update... put my phone into continuous reset cycle... did hard reset... started update from beginning... first step in update is backup which puts everything right back on my phone which causes the same continuous reset loop... vicious circle... what am I to do? Evidently I have some piece of software that conflicts with the update... but how do I avoid the process putting this back on my phone following the hard reset when the install process ITSELF puts everything back on phone BEFORE the upgrade.... can anyone help? Thanks...
    rbyham,

    I had a similar problem. Here is how I got around it.

    After doing the hard reset and restarting the update, do NOT pick your real username. Instead create a new temporary name and do the update. Once the update is done, then do another hard reset and sync with your real username.

    Hopefully, this will work for you.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    rbyham,

    I had a similar problem. Here is how I got around it.

    After doing the hard reset and restarting the update, do NOT pick your real username. Instead create a new temporary name and do the update. Once the update is done, then do another hard reset and sync with your real username.

    Hopefully, this will work for you.

    Yeah, my dad had this problem. I had him do this and it worked fine. Palm's instructions used to have you make a temp username.

    Also, my dad said this update noticeably increased the performance of his 650 and has had no problems since the install. He especially noticed that Blazer was faster.
  5. #25  
    There is a comment on the Palm update page that the update takes up 600K memory on a permanent basis. But is this an additional 600K of memory that you would lose compared to before the upgrade?
    For those of you that did the upgrade to 1.05a can you check your memory before/after and confirm? Thanks
  6. azieba's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #26  
    tranft,
    I think that is only if you use Wireless Sync. I don't use it and after the upgrade was done, Wireless Sync went down in terms of space usage, however other things came up in size and in the end it was a wash.

    Now, if you do use Wireless Sync, you will see it grow an additional 600K. In fact there are discussions on mytreo.net where people were complaining about it.
  7. #27  
    I just upgraded mine, didn't create a different username at all. The only thing I've noticed so far is I had to upgrade Ringo because it didn't play any of the MP3 ringtones I had set for it. Other then that, it seems to run faster.

    I had just did a hard reset on it over the weekend also but I did notice that this new upgrade works great.
  8. #28  
    I just loaded this and noticed that my "Verizon Wireless" is missing from the top left of the main screen. Anyone else had this?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
    I just loaded this and noticed that my "Verizon Wireless" is missing from the top left of the main screen. Anyone else had this?
    The way to get the "Verizon Wireless" back is to dial "*228" and option1 to program your phone. "Verizon Wireless" will return.

    Stalker768
  10. r0k
    r0k is offline
    r0k's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #30  
    Mine hung on "e911" updater and went into a reset loop. As a result I no longer have a smartphone. I have a z22 with a bulge on one end. My new verizon phone arrives Thursday.

    What a mistake. Now attempting to power the phone on a freshly hard-reset Treo 650 leads to a soft reset. The phone is toast. I wish I had used a rom tool to back up my rom before doing this so I wouldn't have to wait until thursday to get a working smartphone!

    Oh, and yes I did the alternate install. I also did hard resets, zero out resets, all to no avail. At one point the installshield hung and I had to reboot my pc. This was after my phone was already wiped so it wasn't to blame for the issue. I did NOT have any of the blacklisted apps from palm's help page. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull this update from their site if there are any more users out there who lose the use of their phone. Another annoyance. When the install failed, the help link launched internet explorer nevermindthefact that my default browser is firefox.

    I wonder if I could get the 1.04a to install... Maybe that would let me get my phone back... I've got it somewhere on my hard drive.
    -r0k

    The 650 was a fine phone and was WAY more than a phone, but it's data rate was 1 bit per fortnight. The 755p was somewhat better until its instability chased me to ... wait for it... the BB 8830 From the BB 8830 I went to iPhone 4 and have never been happier. Farewell Palm. Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011).
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by r0k View Post
    Mine hung on "e911" updater and went into a reset loop. As a result I no longer have a smartphone. I have a z22 with a bulge on one end. My new verizon phone arrives Thursday.

    What a mistake. Now attempting to power the phone on a freshly hard-reset Treo 650 leads to a soft reset. The phone is toast. I wish I had used a rom tool to back up my rom before doing this so I wouldn't have to wait until thursday to get a working smartphone!

    Oh, and yes I did the alternate install. I also did hard resets, zero out resets, all to no avail. At one point the installshield hung and I had to reboot my pc. This was after my phone was already wiped so it wasn't to blame for the issue. I did NOT have any of the blacklisted apps from palm's help page. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull this update from their site if there are any more users out there who lose the use of their phone. Another annoyance. When the install failed, the help link launched internet explorer nevermindthefact that my default browser is firefox.

    I wonder if I could get the 1.04a to install... Maybe that would let me get my phone back... I've got it somewhere on my hard drive.
    I had the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Had 1.03 and tried to upgrade to 1.05 Even did the temp user thing. Froze on E911 update. Took it to the VZW store and they just put me on the phone with tech support who after having me hard reset it, would RMA it for $50. I also had the option to upgrade with NE2 to a 700p for the fantastic price of $399. So looks like I'm waiting with you til the replacement comes in.
  12. #32  
    One more thing to add, when I gave up and unplugged the hot sync cable and just hard reset it. The pda boots up fine, but crashes every time i turn on the phone. I noticed that in the "Phone Info" section, the fields are blank for Phone number, Verizon username, ESN, PRL Rev: and PRI Checksum. I don't remember these bring blank. I figure a *228 would be a logical fix, but again, it crashes everytime I turn the phone on.
  13. #33  
    greetings,

    I was able to do the update. Leaving out the details for a long story I temporarily have two treos. On one the update worked flawlessly. On the other, it fails with a "general error". I think it is failing because the hotsync port on that treo is flaky.

    Anyway, on the verizon site it says that the updater will update the following applications,

    docs to go
    ereader 2.6.0f
    zap 2016 1.71

    only docs to go was updated.

    Has anyone else seen this?
  14. jolemn's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #34  
    I just completed my upgrade and now on my phone page I no longer have the "Verizon Wireless" banner. Has anyone else noticed this? Not a big deal, just curious. Thanks!
  15. azieba's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #35  
    PruSucks, you need to Dial *228, option 2 to get your roaming carrier lists back on the phone. It's in the instructions (on the web page, not in the upgrade app).
  16. stevef's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #36  
    Hi,

    New member here.

    I had the same problem with my Verizon 650 ROM update. First endless loops so start over. Then try again and it finished but a message that the ROM was not updated. Then start again and endless loops on the E911 update. Called Verizon who switched me to Palm support. After over an hour on the phone with Palm support we realized the 650 was totally damaged. Trying to turn the phone on would just reset the 650 and the ROM update never took. Palm support said there was a hardware problem with the 650 and they sent a case number to Verizon to tell them to give me a new phone. The Palm tech seemed to indicate that he had heard about the E911 updater problem before and that's why he said the phone hardware was damaged.

    Got a new phone from Verizon, the update went smoothly. Have been using the phone for 3 days now and it works better than ever before. No resets, the browser is very fast, my Motorola HS850 headset works perfectly now and my phone reception is at least as good if not better than a Motorola V710, Motorola Razr v3m, and an LG-vx-8300 all of which had great reception. Don't know if it's the ROM update or the new phone that gets the better reception. However I find it coincidental that my Treo phone which never had good reception wouldn't take the update as if the phone hardware was always defective. So maybe those, like me, who were unhappy with the phone reception. always had Treo's with faulty phone hardware. But that's just a guess. There could be something that happened with Verizon's network in the area I work at the same time I got the updated phone.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef View Post
    Hi,

    New member here.

    I had the same problem with my Verizon 650 ROM update. First endless loops so start over. Then try again and it finished but a message that the ROM was not updated. Then start again and endless loops on the E911 update. Called Verizon who switched me to Palm support. After over an hour on the phone with Palm support we realized the 650 was totally damaged. Trying to turn the phone on would just reset the 650 and the ROM update never took. Palm support said there was a hardware problem with the 650 and they sent a case number to Verizon to tell them to give me a new phone. The Palm tech seemed to indicate that he had heard about the E911 updater problem before and that's why he said the phone hardware was damaged.

    Got a new phone from Verizon, the update went smoothly. Have been using the phone for 3 days now and it works better than ever before. No resets, the browser is very fast, my Motorola HS850 headset works perfectly now and my phone reception is at least as good if not better than a Motorola V710, Motorola Razr v3m, and an LG-vx-8300 all of which had great reception. Don't know if it's the ROM update or the new phone that gets the better reception. However I find it coincidental that my Treo phone which never had good reception wouldn't take the update as if the phone hardware was always defective. So maybe those, like me, who were unhappy with the phone reception. always had Treo's with faulty phone hardware. But that's just a guess. There could be something that happened with Verizon's network in the area I work at the same time I got the updated phone.
    Did you update the phone when you got it, before you synced in your username? Palm really should have told you do a hard reset, use a temp username, do the update, then sync in your old username settings. This used to be how they instructed people to do firmware updates.
  18. MashBill's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #38  
    I followed the directions and the update worked fine. Been working great for a week now with no lockups or crashes. Also, I noticed they fixed the sound level bug.

    Yesterday I used RomTool to remove the extra languages, the tutorial, RealPlayer, the Clock and I put FAT32 on it. Everthing is working fine.

    It seems to run faster too.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker768 View Post
    The way to get the "Verizon Wireless" back is to dial "*228" and option1 to program your phone. "Verizon Wireless" will return.

    Stalker768
    Thanks Stalker. That took care of it.
  20. jolemn's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    #40  
    MashBill, would you mind sharing exactly how you used RomTool to delete some of the built-in apps? Thanks!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions