1.    #1  
    Thanks for all the advice I found in response to an earlier posting I did. Tried to migrate. Copied backup folder, copied whole handspring folder. Renamed back up folder and loaded new soft ware. Hung up at first sync. Would not sync and timed out. did not try to bring any programs over.

2 very nice technical people at blackberry/treo desk at sprint walked me through many hoops to remove old stuff, reload palm desktop, install drivers for phone, etc. Still no solution. Last person thought was some software on my computer, perhaps added at my firm.

Had new laptop that I had not migrated to yet and added palm soft ware and it synced. Showed syncing cable ok.

After 6 or so hours in two sessions with two helpful people still had phone that would not synce to my working computer where all contact etc info is. Suggested I try to get the sprint store to load from my back up 600 to the 700. they tried to beam. Got error message on 600 "can't activate library". So i gave up and played golf.

Go to IT guy at firm and they spend about an hour. Then he sees PDA600.net in the start up file and takes pda600net out of start up folder and magic---phone syncs with the computer and I have my contacts and my calender in my phone.

So either remove pda600 net for take it out of the start up tray and save yourself some hours.

Now to get snappermail (and new version of pdanet) to work and I will have about 90% of the functionality of the 600 working on my 700. still have books, few programs to use.

Migration is a pain in the a__.

Hope this is helpful to some of you out there.
    Hence the reason most people do not upgrade in the manner you tried. That does not include all of us by any means. I normally take the "easier" route myself.
    Ben
  3.    #3  
    I wasn't clear. As advised to keep it simple by many here, I tried to jsut do that. Only bring over my contact and calendar by syncing. I did not try to bring any applications over. This was susposed to work. It did not merely because I had left PDANET600 on my laptop start up folder. It never occurred to me to look there for problems and no one had mentioned in the several threads I read before doing the attempted transition. I still do not have snappermail, e reader, etc over yet. I am just pleased so far that phone works and that I can sync contacts and calendar. Eager to get snapper so I can get e mails but I will wait a day to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    I wasn't clear. As advised to keep it simple by many here, I tried to jsut do that. Only bring over my contact and calendar by syncing. I did not try to bring any applications over. This was susposed to work. It did not merely because I had left PDANET600 on my laptop start up folder. It never occurred to me to look there for problems and no one had mentioned in the several threads I read before doing the attempted transition. I still do not have snappermail, e reader, etc over yet. I am just pleased so far that phone works and that I can sync contacts and calendar. Eager to get snapper so I can get e mails but I will wait a day to try.
    I read this whole thread at least three times, and I still didn't understand any of it. Did you know that the interweb doesn't require the kind of condensing that morse code does? Let's try to use some complete sentences.