1.    #1  
    Basically as the title states, my car headunit has an aux. input on the front, I use it daily to plug my ipod into it. So can I just plug in my treo the same way, using the 3.5mm cable i have with an adapter and play the music out via my cars headunit? I understand that my h/u would not be able to control the phone, thats not a problem. It would just be great to not have to take my ipod everywhere with me, and finally consolidate down to once device. Thanks for any replys.
    Yes this will work providing you have the correct 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. Search the forums and you will find several threads on adapters as only certain ones work correctly with the Treo.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    awesome to hear, thanks for the reply, I just got this phone 2 days ago and I m already in love with it!
    With my 4gb SD card I neer have to carry an ipod again. I use it with headphone or wired to my car's sound system. Works great. I use Aero player, but would recommend Ptunes as a more feature packed player.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Count me in too. I use PocketTunes + 4 GB SD card with the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to feed into my stereo's AUX input. Works great, way better that the kludgey FM transmitter setup I used to have.
  6.    #6  
    ok, so now that I know it is possible, will it also work as speakerphone bobododo? Or would you only hear the call but not be able to respond?
    If you buy an adapter with an inline microphone, then it will work as a speakerphone. Seido sells one that has a 2.5 jack on one end, has a 3.5 plug on the other end and a mic in between.
    Fastfreddy7: Stroths is right, without the Seidio adapter or something like that, you can hear but you can't speak. With the adapter, music, phone and GPS instructions will be played through your car audio system, and you'll be able to speak to others via the Seidio microphone. For car use this seems much better than the bluetooth headset route, which has never been very reliable for me, plus as we all know you can't voice dial via any bluetooth headset whereas you can via a wired headset. I need to get one of those Seidio adapters myself!
    Last edited by bobodobo; 09/26/2006 at 12:27 AM.
    I've been doin this since t600 and haven't looked back since. then you throw in ptunes and shoutcast and its like free satillite radio everywhere u go. I actally "carry" less music now and when its not likely I'll get a call I listen to the comedy channel on shoutcast. Seideo automounts are the way to go, fm transmitter are another problem fill device unless u rent a lot of cars. I the general public only new what this little silver box could do they unitedly say @)!3+ A podcast! I can get it live and cheap!
    Question for Stroths: Where do you mount the microphone? Do you get acceptable voice quality if you mount the microphone to the dashboard? Or do you have to have it clipped to your lapel?
    It depends on several factors including the noise inside your vehicle and the sensitivity/quality of the microphone. I had hacked one together once back when I had a tapedeck in my car and it worked fine just hanging from the Treo mounted to my dash.
    Oh, so am I to conclude that you don't have one of the Seidio units you mentioned and thus can't comment on the quality of their microphone? (My thought process here is that if I can just mount the mic to the dash or somewhere, I'd definitely buy that setup, but if I have to clip it to myself and have it get tangled up all the time, I'd think twice. My car is reasonably quiet.)
    I don't have the seido model. I had a 2.5 universal headset, where I cut the earpiece off and connected it to a tape adapter. I forget the original brand, but it worked fine hanging near the casette deck in my car.