1.    #1  
    Has anyone used a Verizon 700p with a Parrot CK3100 bluetooth hands free unit?

Everywhere the Parrot CK 3100 is advertised ( including TreoCentral ) claims compatibility with the 700p. Palm's list of compatible car kit devices says that it isn't.

I decided to take a chance and here is what I found:

1. There was no problem pairing the 700p to the Parrot ( the good news ).
    2. Incoming calls worked fine ( more good news ).
    3. Outgoing calls initiated from the 700p will not go hands free ( the bad ).

Any ideas?

Mac
    Mine works fine. Parrot has excellent phone support, maybe they can help you. Good luck
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Mine works fine. Parrot has excellent phone support, maybe they can help you. Good luck
    Thanks firstbeat, I will give them a call. Do you have a Verizon 700p? I hear the firmware is not the same with all the carriers.

Mac
    Any update on this issue of outgoing calls not going "hands-free" with the 700p using the parrot 3100? I'm using Sprint and having this issue.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Mine works just fine, and has for a year. You might want to check on the Treo "prefs" under handsfree and make sure the box is checked to "always route calls to Hands-Free". Mine is (by default) and it works fine.
    i think the parrot needs a software update. I read this somewhere on the forum. it will then work with the 700p all carriers. check out posts by cardesigner. he has the 3400 and posted about this.
    1) Make sure to update your parrot to the latest parrot firmware. This has solved lots of my nagging issues over the years. You need to update the firmware using a bluetooth computer. Back in the day I used a Linksys USB-BT000 bluetooth adapter(fantastic range, much, much better that any other BT device, even better thatn WIFI!!! see here:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124143) on my home PC and parked the car as close as I could to the house. Later I got a BLuetooth Laptop, which made things easier.

2) Make sure to pair using the treo, not the parrot. If you dont remember, you can delete the pair out of both the treo and the parrot, and try re-pairing from the treo. To do this, make sure you are "visable" add the ck-3000 to your trusted devices list, then go threough the "handsfree setup" on the treo. You should be all set.

To send you contacts to the parrot:
    1) disconnect from the treo, by going to paired devices and finding your treo and select disconnect.
    2) in the treo contacts say send catagory by bluetooth. send to ck-3300 and the catagory to send is "all"

Happy Parrot user who uses SPrint treo 650, 700p and 755p with Parrot CK-3300 (same as your 300 but has built in bluetooth GPS) and the LS3400GPS.
    Last edited by car_designer; 11/04/2007 at 08:31 PM.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Is there a way to get the latest firmware from Parrot when you buy the unit? I don't have BT on my laptop and would have to make another purchase.
    Bluetooth is he only way I know how to update firmware on the parrot units. See if you can borrow a friends bluetooth laptop just to update your firmware.

another option is to buy a USB bluetooth adapter. Before I had a laptop, I used a very powerful (more on that in a minute) USB bluetooth adapter. Most bluetooth devices are only designed to work in very close distances to eachother. The Linksys USB-BT1000 is an exception to that rule, because it has a very high power transmit and also an antenna that can be positioned for best reception/transmission. It does not "comply" with the BT standard, it EXCEEDS it by a long shot. It has the range of WIFI or better!

here is a link to it on newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124143

To make a long story short, before I had a BT laptop(or any laptop), I used this adapter on the desktop computer in my family room. The signal was so strong I could update the firmware out in my driveway.

hope this helps
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    You can also usually find a USB BT adapter for about $8 on sale:

use coupon code: hwadapter10poff
    http://www.meritline.com/bluetooth-u...r-class-1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer View Post
    Bluetooth is he only way I know how to update firmware on the parrot units. See if you can borrow a friends bluetooth laptop just to update your firmware.

another option is to buy a USB bluetooth adapter. Before I had a laptop, I used a very powerful (more on that in a minute) USB bluetooth adapter. Most bluetooth devices are only designed to work in very close distances to eachother. The Linksys USB-BT1000 is an exception to that rule, because it has a very high power transmit and also an antenna that can be positioned for best reception/transmission. It does not "comply" with the BT standard, it EXCEEDS it by a long shot. It has the range of WIFI or better!

here is a link to it on newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124143

To make a long story short, before I had a BT laptop(or any laptop), I used this adapter on the desktop computer in my family room. The signal was so strong I could update the firmware out in my driveway.

hope this helps
    Thanks - Does it make any difference that I'm on Verizon instead of Sprint? I really like the way the Parrot product look - just want to make sure it will work before buying.
    You can also usually find a USB BT adapter for about $8 on sale:

use coupon code: hwadapter10poff
    http://www.meritline.com/bluetooth-u...r-class-1.html
    Wow! That looks like one heck of a good deal! It looks like a carbon copy on the Linksys unit I referred to above. I bet they come out of the same manufacturing plant...

Thanks - Does it make any difference that I'm on Verizon instead of Sprint? I really like the way the Parrot product look - just want to make sure it will work before buying.

My wife uses her 700p (sprint) with her ck(LS)-3400GPS Parrot unit with no problems to speak about. I dont have any experience specifically with Verizon branded units. Maybe you can research compatibility in either the verizon forum here at treocentral or in the parrot forum on the parrot website.

Good Luck!
    car_designer
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    How does initiating a call work with the CK3100 and the 700p? Do you have to create a voice tag for every contact you want to call? Does it recognize numbers? Can you say "dial 1 2 3 4 5 6 7"? I would love something that would work like the VoiceDial program that came with the 650, no training required.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    You can create voice tags in the Parrot unit, or you can initiate the call from the Treo and the Parrot will just "pick up" the call as it is dialed.
    Is the Parrot A2DP enabled?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Is the Parrot A2DP enabled?
    No, A2DP is for stereo, and the 3100 only does voice calls. The MK6000 & 6100 both do calls and music in stereo(A2DP).
    Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.