1.    #1  
    OK..so since i have had a ***** of a time getting my treo and vista to hotsync properly i thought i would give you guys an update. Outlook 2003 CAN sync with your treo 700p in Vista RC1 (or later)

1. download and install palm desktop
    2. do not connect ur treo
    3. change the compatibility modes to xp sp2 and run as administrator on the following programs:

outlook.exe
    palmdesktop.exe
    hotsync.exe
    outlookswitcher.exe (this is in ur palmone folder)

4. restart your computer
    5. right click on ur hotsync icon in the task bar and choose custom then change versamail to "do nothing" and change Outlook memos to "do nothing". click done.
    6. open up Outlook and hotsync.

all your data should go through!

ugh...annoying but at least it works. =)
    Last edited by dreborn; 09/26/2006 at 01:51 PM.
  2.    #2  
    guess no one else was having issues... =)
    I just installed the software from my Sprint 700p cd and office 2003 and did not run into these issues.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    interesting. did you have to switch the compatibility modes to sp2?

which build of vista are you running? (i have 5728)
    I'm not in front of my home PC, but its whatever build the first RC1 public release is. It came out a few weeks ago.

I did not turn on any compatibility modes, but I did apply some tweaks from a few of the Vista tweak websites. It's possible that I disabled something with one of those tweaks that allowed me to get around the compatibility mode workaround.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn View Post
    OK..so since i have had a ***** of a time getting my treo and vista to hotsync properly i thought i would give you guys an update. Outlook 2003 CAN sync with your treo 700p in Vista RC1 (or later)

1. download and install palm desktop
    2. do not connect ur treo
    3. change the compatibility modes to xp sp2 and run as administrator on the following programs:

outlook.exe
    palmdesktop.exe
    hotsync.exe
    outlookswitcher.exe (this is in ur palmone folder)

4. restart your computer
    5. right click on ur hotsync icon in the task bar and choose custom then change versamail to "do nothing" and change Outlook memos to "do nothing". click done.
    6. open up Outlook and hotsync.

all your data should go through!

ugh...annoying but at least it works. =)
    Here's what I had to do to get my Sprint Treo 700P working with Vista Business (RTM):

Select "Update Driver" on the Palm device in Device Manager and manually point it to the Palm USB folder (Program Files\Palm\USB_Driver). Then (and only then) did it successfully recognize the T700P as a valid USB device. None of the Compatibility mode stuff noted above was required.