Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    FYI, deleting cookies appears to have a good impact on Blazer performance. My blazer was very bogged down, showing a white screen for seconds when I opened it. I deleted all my cookies and now Blazer opens immediately. It also seems to be running faster while I'm actually in Blazer, although that's harder to compare.
    hmm, gotta give this tip a try...

Thanks
    I had 28k in Cookies and trashed them and it does indeed seem that Blazer loads faster. Still get a white screen but it's only for about a sec. I'll have to see if my blazer user exerience is better.....
    Wow! That DID seem to help!
    How do you delete the Blazer cookies?

Thanks,

Delete well, all.

David
    Menu -> Options -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Clear Cookies

yes it does help performance, that's been a known fact since the 650.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Is there an optimal cache size for Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Is there an optimal cache size for Blazer?
    Good question. I imagine that the default would be optimal but it could depend on other things. I have forgotton what the default is...
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I posted my tip for speeding up blazer on my 700P over on Mytreo.net. Goto a file manager and look for 12 files named tmpflXX.tmp with a creator of HSTT. Delete these. Then run blazer. It pops right open. Several people posted that it worked for them too. The files are recreated automatically so if becomes a pain to do this. I am hoping that someone builds a program that will kill these files and run blazer. Then I can just map my shortcut to their program and save myself a big headache. I use Verizon.

Robb Feldhege
    Interesting - I don't have those 12 files. Maybe it's a difference b/t Sprint and Verizon.
    I delete my cookies every time I delete cache to keep things faster.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I'm have VZW 700p and they're on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldhege View Post
    I posted my tip for speeding up blazer on my 700P over on Mytreo.net. Goto a file manager and look for 12 files named tmpflXX.tmp with a creator of HSTT. Delete these. Then run blazer. It pops right open. Several people posted that it worked for them too. The files are recreated automatically so if becomes a pain to do this. I am hoping that someone builds a program that will kill these files and run blazer. Then I can just map my shortcut to their program and save myself a big headache. I use Verizon.

Robb Feldhege
    There was a macro program which *might* be able to simplify this. I forgot the name but a search should turn it up. The Sprint 700p doesn't seem to have those files. I see one file which matches the name and none with the same creator.