1.    #1  
    who was the ***** at palm who hanged the buttons on the front? couldnt leave well enough alone had to screw it up.

now what exactly does the green button do?
    stupid thread title
    It's probably some kid playing around, look at the handle chosen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    this kids probably older then you. and i didnt make fun of your name
    Frankly I like the green button the way it is. Every new release is an improvement in layout. The green button is used to answer a phone call. In addition, with some applications, you can redefine its fuction, as I have done. Ben
    I hate the new button layout also. To answer, the green button answers a call and it opens the recently called list when you are in the phone app and not on a call. It does squat in any other app.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I will have to wander down to the Sprint store to look at the 700p. You are describing the behavior of my 650's button with the little green phone on it--answer a call, pull up the phone app if I'm in the calendar, for instance. Nothing else it does.
    On the 650, if you are in another app, the green phone button should take you back to the phone app. On the 700p you have to press the phone app button to get back to the phone app, the green button is a different one and does nothing in another app. That was how it worked on my GSM 650, otherwise how would you get back to the phone app?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    On the 650, if you are in another app, the green phone button should take you back to the phone app. On the 700p you have to press the phone app button to get back to the phone app, the green button is a different one and does nothing in another app. That was how it worked on my GSM 650, otherwise how would you get back to the phone app?
    Oh. Sounds like sub-functional brain cells were used by the 700p designers. In that case there is only one solution.
  10.    #10  
    ludus ap works great, i payed the 5 bucks
    It's not sub-functional brain cells, they just wanted to make the 700 more appealing to idiots. Explanation: Idiots are mystified at phones which do not have dedicated send/end buttons. This was a problem for them with the 650 b/c it didn't LOOK like it had such buttons, even though it did. Idiots would pick up a Treo & go "Duh, what's this thing?" So that's why they designed the 700 the way they did.

NON-idiots don't like it though, that's why LudusP is becoming so popular. It's awesome except for the occasion glitches when I have to reset it's settings.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The buttons are a problem on the 700P only if you don't get Ludas P.

Ludas P corrects this problem. You can assign the buttons any way you want and set the phone app to be disabled in LudasP in "exclusions."

Get it here: http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Button layout on the 700p seems to be the least of it's problem(s)!
    This being my first Treo, I've had no problems with the buttons as I've not had to relearn them from an earlier device. I can say however that the only time I do use the green button is to pull up the redial list, and I don't do that very often. For calls and such I use the 5-way to answer or hang up.
    Its a green button. What would you like for it to do, act as the trigger for an Ir mounted Phaser?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    Its a green button. What would you like for it to do, act as the trigger for an Ir mounted Phaser?

That would be kinda cool, yeah
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Place an online order for a stiff drink at the nearby watering hole so when I get there all I have to do is sit down and throw back.
    That would be cool!

Seriously though, my real complaint is that the red and green buttons are taking up room for more useful things that were on the 650. The home and menu buttons were there. I truly hate the menu button at the bottom of the keyboard on the 700p. It's terrible for trying to do anything one handed and inconvient even two handed. This was an improvement they make from the 600 to the 650, then went backwards on the 700p.