1.    #1  
    Okay so I have a PC that supports bluetooth, and a brand new Treo 700p. I also sometimes like to use Skype through my PC to do voice chat, and my current (wired) headset for the PC just broke, and unfortunately I don't have any others that have the 3.5mm connectors (instead of the cheap headset that came with the Treo that has a 2.5mm plug) I know that a bluetooth headset would work for my PC and my Treo, but what I was wondering is if theres a cheaper method of doing this. Namely, is it possible to use the Treo's microphone as my pc microphone, and the treo's speaker as my PC speaker, so that when I'm home it would work as a bluetooth handset for Skype. This would be even better if I could use it in the speakerphone mode so that I wouldn't have to hold anything.
    Well I know there is software out there that u can use your treo as a webcam. So I'm sure that u can use it as a microphone.

I will have to do some googleing to see if it is still around. get back to u on that.

U can get a cardle or convert that can plug into your treo and pc. and then u can use your treo as a speaker. the 2.5 to 3.5mm. Sorry bad enlish.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    trep 700o as a web cam??!?!?
  4.    #4  
    I don't know if the webcam program works on the 700p, but there was a program PalmWebcam that worked to do that with the 600.
    Why don't you just do 3 way calling in Skype, and then turn on the speaker on your phone.
    My application is a little different. I want to use my treo as a bluetooth microphone so that when I am taking notes with my ls800 in a meeting, my phone can be on the table getting better voice capture (mic facing meeting participants) while the tablet is inconspicuously sitting in my lap. Yes I could just record the meeting using mvoice, but that makes for a big effort in trying to timestamp the notes later.
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Why don't you just do 3 way calling in Skype, and then turn on the speaker on your phone.
    Because then it costs me minutes on my phone, and SkypeOut minutes, when i usually just talk to people by their username on there.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    the webcam software only works on pcs, not mac
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Does this webcam software work on the 700p? Does anyone know the name of this software? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Because then it costs me minutes on my phone, and SkypeOut minutes, when i usually just talk to people by their username on there.
    Not if you SkypeIn from your cell first, then initiate the 3-way call from within Skype.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan View Post
    My application is a little different. I want to use my treo as a bluetooth microphone so that when I am taking notes with my ls800 in a meeting, my phone can be on the table getting better voice capture (mic facing meeting participants) while the tablet is inconspicuously sitting in my lap. Yes I could just record the meeting using mvoice, but that makes for a big effort in trying to timestamp the notes later.
    Interesting concept but I don't think you will find an off the shelf app that will do it...