1.    #1  
    Iím having a problem with my Sprint 650 and need to have it serviced. I installed a custom rom and I need to put it back to how it was. Can I just install in latest update or do I need to remove the programs I added to the custom rom?
    Just flash it back to the way it was before. You did back up your ROM before you changed it, didn't you?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Um...no, I didn't back it up. Does that mean I'm screwed?
    Would anyone really notice or did you make that many changes? Is it a stability issue?

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by JMacGill View Post
    Um...no, I didn't back it up. Does that mean I'm screwed?
    I would prolly remove the programs I added, then flash it back to the standard ROM again using Cingular's ROM updater (in my case).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    so how do we get back to 1.12...
    no one has really answered that... I still have the original 1.12 sprint file, I tried, I did a hard reset and went to install the 1.12 but since a higher version is already on the phone, it won't take.

please help
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Would anyone really notice or did you make that many changes? Is it a stability issue?
    Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I suppose there is a problem somewhere.
    If you go to Shadowmite's website, there is a java tool which converts the OEM updater into a base ROM image. You can use that (compressed) image with the recovery tool (also available on Shadowmite's site) to push the ROM image out to your device. Assuming you're using Windows and connecting through USB, you should have no problems.

EDIT:
    URLs:

http://www.shadowmite.com/650RestoreTool.zip
    http://www.shadowmite.com/T3.class

For the second file: For some reason java threw back a not defined exception regardless of my classpath variable, it's easier just to save it to the bin directory of your java installation, copy the appropriate updater files to the same directory, and run the class from there.
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 09/24/2006 at 12:55 PM.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I highly doubt any tech in sprint would notice the change. I know in my store, my techs always have me work on the treos because i know what should be there and what is installed software. Only thing i would do is have it using the built in launcher.