Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $sub$-$folders$ $are$ $set$ $using$ $the$ $New$ $Mailbox$ $dialog$, $yes$? $Is$ $it$ $simply$ $a$ $matter$ $of$ $reproducing$ $the$ $folder$ $names$ $exactly$, $under$ $the$ $correct$ $account$ $in$ $Chatter$? $I$ $am$ $hoping$ $there$ $is$ $an$ $easier$ $way$ $as$ $I$ $tend$ $towards$ $being$ $anal$ $with$ $folders$ $for$ $organization$ $reasons$.

Also, are mail rules established in everyone.net reflected on the habdheld? I would think yes. TIA
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Within ChatterEmail, once you set the account up, you can then download/update the boxes from the server and then select from that list the boxes you wish to have on your device. Once a box is selected, you can then select the options available, on/off line, notifications, SMTP, et cetera. You must have the SMTP defined for the "inbox," definition in the other boxes is optional. Repeat the steps only for those boxes you want on the device.

Marc has placed a lot of effort to make setup as easy as possible.

As for "folder names," on the device you enter whatever name for the box you want, then select the corresponding box from the available list. On the laptop I have exact name matches, on the device I have it abbreviated.

Mail rules are established on the server, not the device.
    You should NEVER fill in a folder name "by hand"; they should all be available by tapping the popup arrow and using the "Folder Browser" to select them. If a folder has been created since Chatter loaded the folder list, use "Reload Folder List" in the "Edit Mailbox" screen.

Marc
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    You should NEVER fill in a folder name "by hand"; they should all be available by tapping the popup arrow and using the "Folder Browser" to select them. If a folder has been created since Chatter loaded the folder list, use "Reload Folder List" in the "Edit Mailbox" screen.

Marc
    Wish I could say this is working for me... I use the Reload Folder List command as you note and Folder List is then displayed in the bottom right of the "in-box" as well was next to the account name top left.. Yet no folders appear.
    Technology Rules!
    Folders don't "appear". If you want to see a folder in ChatterEmail, you use the "New Mailbox" command to create a mirror of that folder.

Marc
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I understand, now.

I defined the sub folders using the New Mailbox dialog and it now shows under the Mailbox tree in the dropdown list.

It shows (0) messeges although there a number of messages in folder on my PC and it has an envelope next to it. The Parent mailbox has displayed FolderList next to it in the drop down, and on the bottom right of the main display for the past day or so...and when I select the account from the drop-down it cycles through Connect / Login / and back to FolderList and then displays Next 19:48 and has been stuck there for over a day.. The Treo then stays on that screen, with no sign of any sync of messages...I can send, but no incoming..and the battery gets toasted in a flash.

You should know, I also have a Gmail account and a Yahoo account that are syncing with no issues...

Next step is to uninstall...I still have SnapperMail & Versamail on my Treo
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I should also tell you I have half a dozen message I have selected and deleted and they remain greyed out...again for a day or so.

It appears that although I have the preferences for this account to Sync Messages & QSync every 120 mins

I think I would prefer this to sync manually...as long as the messages are sent immediately the incoming can be done manually.

Sorry I am so thick...
    Technology Rules!
    Sounds like it's getting stuck loading the folder list (I haven't seen this in a LONG time); I'd have to see a log to get an idea of what it's doing.

Marc

p.s. Logging instructions are in the FAQ on my site.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Sounds like it's getting stuck loading the folder list (I haven't seen this in a LONG time); I'd have to see a log to get an idea of what it's doing.

Marc

p.s. Logging instructions are in the FAQ on my site.
    Setup the log and when attempting to send it I get the error msge:

The SMTP server adress you specified connot be located. Your message has been moved to the Drafts Folder

I created a new Account for the everyont.net email account. It appears to have been setup correctly. This account too gets hung up on the Folder List when I haven't even requested it to build the folder list.

I can not send or receive at this email address and the battery life is about two hours now....

Is there a Ctrl Alt Del on this thing?
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I uninstalled Chatter, Did a hard reset of the Handheld, reinstalled Chatter and set up just the one Account with everyone.net.

Sad to tell you it did the same thing. Just hung up on obtaining the Folder List.

Odd that it worked fine for a week or so and then just took a dump.
    Technology Rules!
    There's not a single report of anything like this going on, so something odd must be happening. I'd suggest sending me a log that shows the problem (instructions are in the FAQ at my site).

Marc
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    There's not a single report of anything like this going on, so something odd must be happening. I'd suggest sending me a log that shows the problem (instructions are in the FAQ at my site).

Marc
    Thanks for trying...but the Folder List issue is preventing the Log from being mailed...If I can get one of my other accounts to send I will.
    Technology Rules!
    There is an alternate way of sending logs that doesn't depend on sending from Chatter.

Marc