1.    #1  
    I am finding that mind pref--->sound volumes chnage back to zero spontaneously. Espcecially after a soft reset. Help with ways to prevent that? Thanks
    What apps are you running?
    at&t iPhone3G
    If you have a 600, I cannot duplicate it on my 600. Now the 650 is no problem with its tendency to loose saved preferences. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If you have a 600, I cannot duplicate it on my 600. Now the 650 is no problem with its tendency to loose saved preferences. Ben
    I have never had any issues with losing saved preferences for volume control with the exception of my touchscreen pointer calibration sometimes after a reset.
    at&t iPhone3G
    For the first two weeks of my 650's life it was an everyday event. After I took the time to work on memory management, it has not given me any more problems.

Ben
    That happened to me once, and it hasn't happened since. I have no idea what caused it either. Are you running any ringtone management software? It happened to me right in the middle of a time period when I was uploading ringtones to my RAM & messing with the sounds a lot.
    Are you using Butler? I had the same problem with my T600 and now I have the same problem with my T700P. Every time I uninstall Butler that behaviour stops but I can't get rid of Butler of the many other things I need it for ...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Same thing happens to me but very sporadically.

Also, sometimes I loose the vibrate mode. Let me explain. I have my Treo configured for normal operation, when the silent switch is in quiet mode the phone is supposed to vibrate. It has happened more than once that all of a sudden, the phone will not vibrate and I find that inthe Preferences settings, the option of vibrate when off has been changed to do nothing. Quite disturbing...

I am led to believe this behaviour has something to do with mRing. There's no other app that calls for sound preferences that I can think off.