Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Could some of the developers get together with macromedia and create a way to use flash with blazer? Similar to how kinoma takes over when you want to watch a stream on the 700p.

Every site that I want to watch has some sort of flash requirement. There must be a way because they have a flash client for ppc.

I guarantee you if someone can make a flash plug in for blazer or something that would link blazer to a flash player for the 700p so sites such as google video, you tube, and every other site out there, you would be not only financially rewarded(I would purchase a copy as many others would), but a hero to everyone with a 700p. Thanks.

I know there is the clie player out there. While it was a good idea and a great effort, it is not the same thing. I have contacted macromedia, but all they say is they recognize the need.

I'm sure there are factors I don't understand as I'm not a developer, but please, someone step up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    here here! that is definitely something I would pay for!
    Not possible. Blazer does not support plugins.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Not possible. Blazer does not support plugins.
    yep
    They got Kinoma to be able to pull up video... there was that SONY flash app that semi-worked on some Treos... It's probably technically possible to do this, but the licensing is probably messing up the chances. And for anyone hoping that Adobe's acquisition of Macromedia will move this along, I have 5 words for you: "Adobe Reader for Palm OS."
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I doubt that Adobe will do much to bring Flash to the PalmOS.

I am working on an open source web browser, but it will be a while before plugin support is added (and more time before Flash, if I can port an open source Linux flash plugin).
    Working with Blazer is like trying to plug a toaster into a cement wall without a socket.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    where kinoma works w/blazer I have to believe its possible... even if micky moused...I have yet to hear anyone even attempt this.
    noodlelest wet noodler
    If you can convince Kinoma. At the moment there is no way to get flash files to play inside of Blazer without Palm releasing a version of Blazer with flash support.

It is basically up to Palm or Kinoma.

If anybody knows C really well then can help me port over the Netscape Plugin API and add it to the open source web browser that I am working on. Then a flash plug in would have to be ported.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I think your missing the point. I'm saying where kinoma picks up a cue from blazer to launch(when you send a link to a stream) couldn't the blazer app be modified to send cues to a flash player to launch? That way when you load up say, you tube, blazer launches a flash player similar to the clie player to load the video...
    noodlelest wet noodler
    No, I am not missing the point. I understand exactly what you are saying.

What I am saying is that in a web page with embedded objects, you have the content type of the object defined (example: jpeg, image/jpeg). This content type declaration is what tells Blazer to add a button that when tapped would launch Kinoma. You would need to source to Blazer to modify this.

Now, Kinoma also registers to handle the rtsp protocol type (rtsp://) so that when entered in Blazer (or an rtsp link is clicked), Blazer will launch Kinoma. The rtsp protocol, as far as I am aware, does not work with Flash since flash is not streamable (I believe that it is getable though, as it, a Flash app can request more content).

Somebody with really good ARM assembly skills might be able to hack it, but the network stuff probably would not work, unless a custom Flash app was built.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post

Somebody with really good ARM assembly skills might be able to hack it, but the network stuff probably would not work, unless a custom Flash app was built.
    I appreciate the explanation. Which brings me back to my original post. Somebody please step up and write or modify some code. We want flash.
    noodlelest wet noodler