1.    #1  
    i did the custom rom thing. I pop in the sd card to my computer, it shows 32kb used, 3.8gb free. I formatted it, now it's 4kb used, 3.8gb free. I guess i reduced the cluster size from 32kb to 4kb. In the cardinfo on the treo, it says 12kb used, 3.8gb free.

If i want the speed over space, which and how should i format?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    You should do this:
    format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K, where X is your cd-card in a card-reader.
    The default formatting is normally with 8K clusters. With my treo650 (ROM hacked / FAT32 included) the speed increased dramatically while hotsyncing and using the card from within the treo. Maybe you loose some space, if you have a lot of very small files, but the greater speed is what I prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    You should do this:
    format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K, where X is your cd-card in a card-reader.
    The default formatting is normally with 8K clusters. With my treo650 (ROM hacked / FAT32 included) the speed increased dramatically while hotsyncing and using the card from within the treo. Maybe you loose some space, if you have a lot of very small files, but the greater speed is what I prefer.

Have you successfully recorded past 3 minutes of video using the built in camera app to your 4 gig card? Im also using a 4 gig card (Transcend) but cannot record past 3 minutes as the app would just freeze. I tested a 6 minute video clip with my Sandisk 1 gig (standard Palm format) and it successfully saved it. Im now attempting to format my 4 gig using Palm's built in and see if the problem is fixed.
    Okay, so 4k works past 3 minutes. However, write speeds dropped. So now its a choice between space and being able to record long videos without worrying that it wont save versus speed.