1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a friend who has a cingular 650 & is using Goodlink to link his Treo to his MS outlook 2003 email & contacts (and calendar, etc).

We are looking into getting him a hosted Exchange solution and since the server would have an Exchange license & not a goodlink license, we were thinking it would be easier to use an all exchange solution.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
    Rich
    If you are talking about using Exchange ActiveSync, it does not support the Palm OS. There are hosting providers that offer Good Mobile Messaging, one that I recommend would be themessagecenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    If you are talking about using Exchange ActiveSync, it does not support the Palm OS. There are hosting providers that offer Good Mobile Messaging, one that I recommend would be themessagecenter.com
    While I dont use a 650 anymore, Im pretty sure the Palm OS does do Exchange ActiveSync, it just doesnt do Direct Push.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    While I dont use a 650 anymore, Im pretty sure the Palm OS does do Exchange ActiveSync, it just doesnt do Direct Push.
    Correct. I guess I mistated. POS supports EAS using AUTD. EAS push only supports WM5 devices.
  5.    #5  
    I guess a better question, is how to use an exchange server with direct push capability for the Treo 650. Do you need a specific Good server as well or can you use some sort of Good plug in for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    I guess a better question, is how to use an exchange server with direct push capability for the Treo 650. Do you need a specific Good server as well or can you use some sort of Good plug in for it?
    Good Mobile Messaging is a client-server application. There is a server component that monitors Exchange and pushes the information to the device. Exchange, as a stand-alone product, does not support push to the 650
  7.    #7  
    So if we were purchasing a server with exchange, we would need to also purchase the goodlink server software?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    So if we were purchasing a server with exchange, we would need to also purchase the goodlink server software?
    Good Mobile Messaging is a push email and PIM option for the 650. To start, yes, you would need the GMM Starter Pack, which consists of the server software and 5 Client Access Licenses.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    My 650 has only about 10 MB available-how much of that would Good Link use? I also use other contact managers, and don't store contacts/schedules in Outlook-use it for email only.
    Art, we don't use the native contact stores.